//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New member from Jackson TN

--

New member from Jackson TN

Hey guys, new member from TN. I'm new to powersports in general and have recently bought my 10y.o. a '80 185 and myself a '85 250sx. They run and ride but need a little tlc here and there. I bought my son one to partially teach him about responsibility and maintaining and taking care of something and to also make some memories with him. I joined the page to pick your brains, maybe learn a few tips and tricks, and also as a parts source. Looking forward to digging through the site and learning a few things, thanks for having me.

--
    Welcome to the board! 3 wheelers are great machines, but I assume you haven't had too much experience when you say that you are new to power sports. The best advice i can give is to not push the limits right away, get used to the characteristics of the trikes. Im sure you'll make some great memories too, my father would take me out riding when i was little and those are some great memories. Most of all remember that 3-wheeler lean!
    Currently : trx400fw, ct70, 250es,200x, xl80s, 350x, 350x, 225DX, trx300

--
    Welcome.

Don't forget your boy's trike doesn't have rear suspension and leave him bouncing around trying to hang with the SX.

Good times ahead.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Actually, the 185 has no suspension. Since it's a 1980, it's a one year only model.

--
    More Bounce!

Good catch. I didn't register the year, just 185. Fortunately, it's easy to add front suspension to those.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Welcome from Brownsville!
    Lamkin Performance Cycles in Jackson located on Hwy45 South past the Fair Grounds is an old school trike guy. Daryl and I worked together back in the early 80's at the Honda shop in Brownsville, Big Hatchie Honda/Suzuki. He was and still is pretty fast out on the track!
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //