This is a completely rebuilt 1986 Polaris Scrambler 250r/es three wheeler (trike). Never realized that Polaris even made a trike. Apparently, this was a joint project with Yamaha, using their front end. Came across this one in someone's backyard while looking at some other items. The seller was the original owner. The project started about two years ago, took time to locate the parts and rebuild. The entire trike was disassembled and sent to sand blasting. Everything was professionally powder coated (over $1,200 by Action Powder Coating) and the plastics and gas tank (originally black) were professional painted (over $650 by Underground Graphics) in the original purple paint. The exhaust was professionally ceramic coated ($200 Action Powder Coating). New decals were applied. Every single item on this trike was gone through, cleaned, repainted or replaced. New tires, battery, cables, brakes, carburetor tuned up, front and rear sprockets, chain, etc. Completely rebuilt motor was installed ($450 by Motion Craft, Inc). It has only been ridden a few times to seat the rings and only started a number of times. There will be a few adjustments needed once ridden a few times. Every receipt is available and will accompany the sale. There are repair manuals and cd's available as well.

I have lots of extra parts for this trike as well. I have the original bottom half of the motor that was not used in the rebuild, amongst lots of other parts.

I am posting photos of the trike pre and post rebuild. It is truly a new trike. The local Polaris dealer couldn't believe that this survived. He said it was as if it just roller off the assembly line, unreal. He said a new Taiwan made Pheonix model is going for over $4,000 out the door and he would sell this for much more if he had it.

It will come with a bill of sale. The original owner is still looking for a title but doesn't believe he was ever issued one.

SERIOUS INTEREST AND OFFERS ONLY, DO NOT WASTE MY TIME OR YOURS IF YOU ARE NOT A SERIOUS BUYER!

I can be reached at 516-805-520three.

I have no idea what the shipping cost or arrangements would be as this will be the buyers responsibility. For listing purposes only I had to enter a number so I put down $1,500, but have no idea what the actual cost would be.

More...