//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 1985 200x starting issues.

--
    Ok I set it to .012 nothing different I don’t think it is getting enough fuel for it to start now cause it barely wants to start and I give it throttle it will die any ideas? The float is supposed to be at .55 inches I think I have it correct but I could be wrong.

--

--
    Ok now what is happening is I turn the idle speed thing all the way out and it will want to start but I can move it in a half a turn in and it won’t wanna start. any ideas, Is it to lean or to rich? I have the air box hose thing on it too.

--
    You can test if it's too lean by choking it a little with the idle screw in more. If it's easier, then it's probably closer to the ideal mix. Also engine temp effects tuning, that's the whole point of a choke, it's only for cold starts.

--
    I done that and it didn’t want to start but when I went back it wanted to start again. Could it be too rich?
    Last edited by Atc 200x 1985; 03-19-2020 at 07:35 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Atc 200x 1985 View Post
    I done that and it didn’t want to start but when I went back it wanted to start again. Could it be too rich?
    Ok, sorry I am joining the party late.....there is a lot of pages here but not a lot of progress.
    1. Do you have a blue spark?
    2. Do you have fuel in the float bowl?
    3. Do you have any clogs in the air intake?
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    I have blue spark, I am getting fuel to the float bowl but I don’t know if I am getting enough, and I do not have any clogs in the air intake.

--
    If you have spark and fuel
    than its either compression or timing
    I bet the timing is out set TDC, check valves Better to be a little loose than to tight at TDC, put in a brand new NGK plug.
    If that doesn't light it off than you have low or no compression.

MrC.

--
    Ok I’ll try all that it is probably out of timing cause I could never set it on point. Is there a special link on the cam chain that is supposed to be on the o on the cam sprocket? I rebuilt the engine but didn’t Hone the cylinder should I have done that?
    Last edited by Atc 200x 1985; 03-20-2020 at 02:43 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Atc 200x 1985 View Post
    Ok I’ll try all that it is probably out of timing cause I could never set it on point. Is there a special link on the cam chain that is supposed to be on the o on the cam sprocket? I rebuilt the engine but didn’t Hone the cylinder should I have done that?
    you put a new piston in but you didn't bore or hone the cylinder? There is no special link on the cam chain. There is a thread on 3 wheeler world that tells you how to set the timing.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    no Boring or honing was done when I installed the new piston. should I have honed it? Sorry I should’ve made that clearer.

--
    I have good news it starts again but as soon as I give it throttle it will die to rich or to lean?

--

--
    Sure how would I do that do I copy the link of the video? Another thing is it still hard starts but I have to put fuel in the spark plug hole then it would start.

--
    Yea, just copying the url of the video and pasting here would be good enough for us to see it. Youtube, facebook, etc should work for uploading, just make sure the video is marked for public view.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //