//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 1985 200x starting issues.

--
    Here is that link https://www.keihincarburetor.com/ this is where I’ve always ordered jets.

--
    That website is weird. They use the Chinese style listing "for Keihin" instead of saying it is Keihin branded jets aka it's likely generic/aftermarket, no mention of them being the correct brand, yet the photos show jets with the Keihin logo on them. I hate products that are listed so poorly. If they are not genuine Keihin jets, then they could likely get in trouble for using images that misrepresent the product.

Actually, just noticed, that site doesn't sell anything, they are just an affiliate link site, so they find products on Amazon and affiliate link them. Anyway, the listings aren't clear if they are the correct jets or not, so I'll take a pass on them.

Just wondering, for the extra jets, do they have the Keihin logo on them (the K that looks a bit like a star)? Here's a page that shows the logo fairly well.

https://www.jetsrus.com/FAQs/FAQ_identify_that_jet.htm

--
    My pilot jet has the k40 but not my main jet so that would mean size 40 and some of the Showed the k on them but not all of them that’s why I thought that they were a good aftermarket seller. Some of those knock off brands can be pretty good.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Atc 200x 1985 View Post
    It has less then a hour since I put that new piston in yes I do have the original carb I will put that back on. Or are you talking about the previous rebuild cause if so it’s never been rebuilt until I done the top end.
    Send me the oem carb for a rebuild if you want. Send me a pm if interested.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Yea, knock off brands *can* be good, but you have to discover which one is good. Pretty hard for them to machine the jets exactly the same as the name brand ones, so the jetting numbers can get close, but probably never be right. It's find to use aftermarket if you don't mind swapping the jets out to find the range it works and grabbing the middle one and fine tuning.

Kind of the same story as the China carbs, the machining on them will be sub par vs OEM, but in theory the stock jetting should be close to being correct if it's effectively a 1:1 clone.

Having yaegerb rebuild the oem carb isn't a bad idea either, I know he knows carbs better than me =).

--
    I’m pretty good with carbs but not the best lol. I’m going to go back to the stock carb what jet should I go to I 105 I have a original jet made by Kehin 108 jet. I’ll think about sending it to yaegerb.

--
    If the machine is more or less stock, the stock jets should work and be about right. I'm not 100% sure what the effect of running a high compression piston would do with jetting with all else being the same. More suction per stroke might mean the jetting needs to be adjusted. Defo an area I don't know much about.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Atc 200x 1985 View Post
    I’m pretty good with carbs but not the best lol. I’m going to go back to the stock carb what jet should I go to I 105 I have a original jet made by Kehin 108 jet. I’ll think about sending it to yaegerb.
    The jets won’t help you. The oem carb needs to be completely taken apart, cleaned and put together with a rebuild kit. I have done many carbs and the vm24 is no exception.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    what I’ve read is when you up your compression normally it doesn't suck in more air because you haven’t changed how long the intake valve is held open. But I could be wrong I’ll go and clean the oem carb and rebuild it soon.

--
    Because the compression ratio increase, the piston all the way to top dead center has less air space vs bottom dead center which creates a higher psi when doing a compression test, and in my mind should suck slightly more air, but you might be right on that. That's a weird thing to think about, I guess it makes sense why HP doesn't really go up with high compression only, valve size, how they breath, porting, exhaust, etc has to change to get the high hp numbers. The higher psi creates more torque, so the speed it revs up should stay pretty similar. Never quite thought about it like that before, pretty neat mind exercise.

@yaegerb, what's the vm24 in reference to?

--
    Another reason why I don’t use the oem carb is because all the holes are stripped out forgot to tell y’all and it got put in something and left out side for like 5 months. I need to get some bigger screws to put in there.

--
    I forget to tell yall that plastic thing that goes on the main jet I do not have could that be my problem?

--
    I've ran a few machines with that part missing and didn't cause a noticeable issue on flat ground or starting. I think it's a bit like a baffle in a car tank to keep the jet always supplied with fuel even in rough riding, hills, wheelies, etc.

--
    Ok. And I believe that is what it is for.

--
    Do yall think It could be out of time? I know that carburetor needs tuning but it should start atleast even if its out of tune.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //