//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Honda 200s

--

Lightbulb Honda 200s

Hi, I have a honda 200s laying around that im trying to get started. However, it still needs a coil, a cdi box and some pull start parts, I have the alternator and fan. Do I have to buy the genuine parts used or can I just buy a 200cc dirt bike wiring harness. I'm just trying to get this running the cheapest possible. Thank you for your time!

--
    FYI, 84-86 harnesses changed slightly every year, so make sure you find out what you have. 84-85 has a round CDI connector that's out of production, so limited options for that year.

Here's an identification post I made a while back showing pics of the differences of the harnesses, click the 200s one.

http://3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/187317

I do reproduce harnesses, if it's an 84-85 I have to use an old round plug for pretty much any honda harness, the terminals and the rest of the harness is all new though.

If you're not worried about lights, I think I have a "race" style harness made, you'd need the 86 style CDI to make it work on your machine.

Aftermarket parts like CDI's are a bit hit and miss, used OEM is generally a good route as long as the parts is good that the person is selling. A dirtbike harness might work, but you have to worry about the pin outs, coil changes, CDI ignition map change, etc. Some motorcycles don't have any lighting, while others are electric start. There's a lot to check when you start swapping parts from other machines, but if the specs line up, they can work. Generally speaking, you'll get the best results with OEM parts though since they were hand designed for your exact machine by Honda.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //