//ArrowChat Code
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you doing anything different because of Covid-19?

--
    I haven't been in a 'war zone', and it kind of pisses me off when someone who hasn't either, uses that as an analogy.

The brutality and animalistic reality of war has the power to reduce people to shells of their former selves and condemn many to such an existence or search for an escape, even if final.

It's absolutely disgusting when someone paints that picture for anything but, and calls themselves a journalist. It's not the fourth estate anymore, it's the fake estate.
    Last edited by ATC King; 03-29-2020 at 10:04 PM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    I haven't been in a 'war zone', and it kind of pisses me off when someone who hasn't either, uses that as an analogy.

The brutality and animalistic reality of war has the power to reduce people to shells of their former selves and condemn many to such an existence or search for an escape, even if final.

It's absolutely disgusting when someone paints that picture for anything but, and calls themselves a journalist. It's not the fourth estate anymore, it's the fake estate.
    All of this^^^^

It is definitely, utterly disrespectful

Certain parties have co-opted so many words that used to have powerful meaning for us all like "racist" or 'nazi'. Now the meanings of these words are reduced to just something you call someone to win a political debate. Instead of being a literal genocidal maniac or a hooded klansman, it now simply means Republicans and anyone from the south or a red state.

It hasn't been the fourth estate for a long time, I'm afraid... Reminds me of that Don Henley song when I was a teenager...Dirty Laundry.... The media was just as shameless back then in 1980-whatever.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mockingbird

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Here's a little new info:

FBI report: Chinese biologists have been smuggling viruses into USA

https://news.yahoo.com/suspected-sar...144526820.html

In late November 2018, just over a year before the first coronavirus case was identified in Wuhan, China, U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents at Detroit Metro Airport stopped a Chinese biologist with three vials labeled "Antibodies" in his luggage.
    The biologist told the agents that a colleague in China had asked him to deliver the vials to a researcher at a U.S. institute. After examining the vials, however, customs agents came to an alarming conclusion.
    "Inspection of the writing on the vials and the stated recipient led inspection personnel to believe the materials contained within the vials may be viable Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) materials," says an unclassified FBI tactical intelligence report obtained by Yahoo News.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The-Secret-History-of-Coronavirus.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	262123
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    What am i doing different.. lets see.. I managed for the first time in god knows how long to pop into 3WW and see whats going on these days. And a few pages ago it seems like a lot hasn't changed! LOL...

Here in MN its pretty darn boring.. Everything closed down, kids at home, a couple of us are essential workers so we still get exposed every day, and there is confirmed cases in our county now, so its only a matter of time. The smaller town hospitals are getting reefer's setup for morgue space since they only have a dozen or so coolers in their morgue. The local clinic looks like something out of the walking dead with signs and banners and barricades, the grocery store is pretty light on stuff for sale, still toilet paper here but not a lot as the larger towns around us started coming in here to scout out what we had. I even saw license plates from neighboring states coming in, we are close to the SD and IA borders so they were leaking over the borders to scout supplies of neighboring towns that are closer to the border so it was only a matter of time before our small town got scouted and hit. Went to the store today, needed a resupply now that schools will be closed until May. Our small town is never really that busy, but it looks even deader then normal, two vehicles on main street, me and the store employees.

This week UPS started acting up. All my incoming shipments going through Minneapolis have been tagged with a delivery exception, says Delay: Emergency Situation, and for delivery date it says Information Unavailable. Sounds like the UPS depot up in the cities is not getting trucks out to the other parts of the state. Called UPS and they hope to have a truck headed my way to the Slayton MN depot by the end of the week with packages getting out Friday or Monday that were supposed to be delivered all week. What a mess.

So far USPS is running normal, priority mail stuff is coming and going just fine. I have seen the FedEx guy a few times this week, even got to briefly talk to him from a distance, not that i was worried but they are all wearing masks and were told by their supervisors to maintain their distance, aka social distancing. The FedEx trucks come up from Sioux Falls SD to me, and he said its nuts down there with confirmed cases and people fighting in Wal-Mart for scraps. The two local Wal-Mart's to me look like new stores that haven't been stocked yet, i have never seen so many empty shelves and coolers in a Wal-Mart.

Anyway, thats how it is here. Sit and wait and watch the kids do their distance learning. Got the trikes out this week, did some yard work, wife rode around the yard and the field behind us for a while for something to do, i've been busy cleaning up the tree damage from an ice storm in January, the usual spring stuff minus people walking with masks and neighbors shouting a hello as they hide in their houses. Pretty wild.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    I haven't see the stuff a few pages back in a long time here. Just 1 day that person was here, now seems to be 100% gone. Sounds like the person clearly has multi accounts from what I could see. Besides that, it's been peaceful here, quite but that's pretty normal with everyone on facebook anymore.

On different stuff here, tried to order a truck load of sand for some yard work and the guy can't deliver due to the out break currently. The place my dad was working was getting sand delivered just fine, there's like 2 businesses still delivering, the rest shut down.

--
    I've been struggling with all sorts of deliveries and business stuff lately, either they are closed or they won't do it. Like come on guys, if i order a load of rock for landscaping you can pull in the driveway dump it and leave and you never even need to see me!! I gave up on them and found another material source. I just wanted to take care of the muddy patch next to the driveway we use as an overflow parking spot when everyone is home, like right now, but they claimed they couldn't make any deliveries. Found a source of asphalt regrind, $20 a ton, stuff packs down and gets nearly as hard and solid as the driveway with a little driving on it. Better then rock, so glad i had to go elsewhere honestly. Hoping to have that all done soon but now we have a winter weather advisory for tonight into tomorrow, freezing rain turning into snow... UGHHHH.... It was 54 degrees today and nice and now back to this crap.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    The Arkansas State Parks are all now day use only, and all visitor centers are closed, tying to reduce out of state visitors. The Buffalo National River has been closed by the Fed after complaints by the state. The Arkansas Corps of Engineers have closed most/all camping areas.

Basically, all of the popular outdoor areas where large groups of people were still gathering, are now closed.

I know of some, little known, seldom used trails though. Some family and I hiked one of them yesterday and were the only ones on it. I know of several more trails like that, because I practiced social distancing before it was popular.

--
    Funny, that's about like the state land by my house, seems to be a spot that isn't well known. Since all of this happened, I've seen a group of 3 lifted jeeps go back there, and a small group of quads, that's it. I figured with gas being cheap and people having tons of free time, the state land trails would be packed like the ones up north that are more well known on the weekends. We are on a lock down, but then it says outdoor activities are fine like parks and such.

My dad's not working now, I guess his boss was trying to keep the business open as long as possible and he's downsizing the number of people working or reducing hours, so he took volunteers to get laid off. Maybe my dad can catch up on like 10% of the projects he's had for the last 10 years =). I'm a lot like him, lots of projects, not enough time to do them all.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Food for thought. I'm not sure what I think of this yet.

https://youtu.be/95yk-JbabhA
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Lots of issues with the video, seems like this is some one trying to spread fake news, kind of like the flat earth theory stuff.

The corona virus isn't covid 19, covid 19 is a type of corona virus which was discovered in the 1930's. Seems the video's main point is a virus isn't a living thing. Some of the stuff makes sense, some of it its way out in left field. Like maybe viruses are human made, very possible, but then saying it's impossible to catch a virus from someone else.. then how did I get the flu when I was a kid? I have never had the flu shot, in fact I go to the doctor as little as possible. A few months ago I went, and before that it's been 20+ years. I also don't eat good, but my immune system is strong, I eat the frozen microwave garbage food he mentions, but haven't been majorly sick since school.... back when I was around big crowds of people. First job was midnights, second was in a small IT group, now self employed.

Anyway, the video mentioned about facts, where's the facts, any papers, any kind of documentation to support this. I don't take the word of some random guy that claim's he's so great people want to beat him up just to prove he didn't cheat on a test.

The conspiracy theory around this virus stuff is crazy, everything from it's released just to get some people arrested, to one world order, to the Chinese attacking the US via biological weapons (virus), to the US releasing the virus to Chinese people as some sort of attack. None of it is based on facts, so give it time and we will see what really comes of this. My guess, if all goes well, the virus goes away atleast for a short time and people will go back to work and pretty much forget about this whole ordeal. Worst case, it's another seasonal flu to deal with and the toilet paper shelves will never be stocked the same.

If the virus didn't spread person to person, then why is the heat map of the effected numbers in the US effectively the "hot" cities to be in, but the states that don't have booming cities have little to no cases at all. Like the UP of Michigan is almost 0 cases, while my whole county is 15 cases now, roughly 83k population.

Currently Michigan is #4 for most cases, yet we are #10 for population. California has double the population of New York, yet New York is hit far harder (about 8x more cases). If it was the weather, then near by states would be similar case numbers per million population. Just doesn't seem to line up too well.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I tend to agree with that entire post. It seems to make the most sense, almost seems obvious now.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I tend to agree with that entire post. It seems to make the most sense, almost seems obvious now.
    If you truly want to make a case for this, get 20 people or so, and let about half of them get in contact with validated covid 19 infected people and the other half they get in contact with people that do not have the virus. Do a proper study on it and let us know the results. They would need to do some sort of activity to increase likely hood of getting infected, like the "infected" person coughing on some food and the other person eating it (yea not so great of an example lol). I suspect most people that are around the real infected people test positive for covid 19 even if they don't show signs of it (only ~20% infected shows signs like a fever from what I've read).

Have you ever told a small group a secret, how likely is that secret leaked to someone else? Now do that on a global scale...

--
    Food for thought. I'm not sure what I think of this yet.

https://youtu.be/95yk-JbabhA
    HA! That was on Richie From Boston's channel last night. Wife and I watched it.

We said the same thing afterward. "Not sure what to think of this yet"

--
    My cousin tested positive for Covid 19 while in the hospital for respiratory distress. She's in her 80s and is now nearly recovered after a month.

Consider this:
    1) most people aren't testing themselves for Covid-19

2) the original test was highly inaccurate (50-80% "false positive")

3) only hospitals had tests because the test supply was very low and the test was brand new and discovered on accident.

4) only two kinds of people go to the hospital currently for suspected Covid. Scared ppl and people who are genuinely sick from something. People who aren't symptomatic and aren't scared are NOT getting tested. This didn't mean they aren't carriers/infected. It just means they weren't available to help the CDC make accurate forecasts as to the infection/death rates

5) if 100 scared/sick ppl show up to the hospital to get testing and 75/100 test positive for CARRYING covid-19, it's reported as a "75% infection rate"..... If two of those people die, is reported "2% fatality rate"

6) any death where Covid-19 was also found to be present in the victims body, is now reported to be "Covid-19 related" when there is literally no way to determine if Covid-19 was the proverbial straw that finally sent a chronically-ill person over the edge and into a coffin

7) at any given time, there are usually several viruses present in an "infected" person and it's impossible to tell specifically which virus actually prompted death

This is NOT accurate at all because it didn't take into account the people who may have it but never showed up for testing, the people who didn't get infected at all, the people with influenza and several Corona strains also present in their bodies simultaneously.

They keep citing "science" while they absolutely BUTCHER the scientific method and shyte out fake statistics that were calculated wholly incorrectly

There's no guess work in science

Turn off your TV, television anchors are not scientists or experts. And as for experts, never forget the doctors who used to claim how safe cigarette smoking was and the "health benefits" to flouride consumption.

You can be a highly-trained doctor/expert/scientist and still be terribly WRONG. I'm not sure why we trust everything we hear from "experts" and immediately consider what they say to be irrefutable fact, especially considering that we see only one side of the story or only one or two professional opinions from a field of tens of thousands of these experts

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    Have you ever told a small group a secret, how likely is that secret leaked to someone else? Now do that on a global scale...

We did play Telephone in elementary school...and I was one of those who purposely screwed up the transmission, just to watch it all fall apart.

Muah, hahhahahhaha

That's a close as I ever reached to arch villain status.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //