//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you doing anything different because of Covid-19?

--
    No hoarding here,
    Kids are outa school until mid next wk or longer
    Built little league dugouts (rush job) for opening day which is now postponed
    Boston marathon (starts here) now postponed
    Traffic here is pretty much non existent / atleast 1/3 less cars on the road it seems
    Our trip to Florida has been cancelled due to 4 of the days wife had a large conference to attend now is cancelled and not worth driving down for only 5 days of stay. So postponed (for now)
    Grocery store shelves are getting bare
    Wife’s childcare has 126 children- 18 have been pulled out as of yesterday probably more today-

Not to concerned myself but seems as though the zombie epocolipse (sp) is here, in mass anyway.
    I figure the wife’s childcare has about a month worth of food and supplies if needed.

Off to Walmart to people watch this am. And get snacks

Shep

--
    Quote Originally Posted by coolpool View Post
    And can you get the bug numerous times or is it one and done?
    The news said that once you recover you can’t get it again like a normal flu, but now they’re saying that it can morph, so in my simple mind it sounds like maybe it could make the rounds again.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    If you rearrange the letters in PANDEMIC.....you get DEM PANIC.

So there is that........
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    If you rearrange the letters in PANDEMIC.....you get DEM PANIC.

So there is that........
    *BOOM*

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    We just postponed all of our church services through the end of the month here where I work. This was advised by the local and national health departments pertaining to the no more than 250 person gathering's.. This is huge in the religious aspect of things especially during lent and heading into holy week. As I halted our Sunday morning donut order I realized what impact this one gesture has on a local level. consider this, we buy 400.00 worth of donut's every week X 3 weeks that's 1,200 dollars not going to a very small business. That is possibly laying off at least one of their employee's. We also serve 300 meals every Wednesday during lent this too will halt. This really is a not so good snowball effect even if it is short term in nature.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Schools shut down till end of month

Most private schools and universities are going online classes (students have the means whereas some in public do not)

School sports are "postponed" but I bet most will be cancelled following the lead of the all-knowing NCAA, NBA, MLB, etc.

Our office has shut down business travel and has went to optional telecommute

Church is off till April sometime......and I'm Catholic so this is surprising because you go even when you have Roman soldiers and lions on your butt

No TP, paper products, or bread on any shelves. Even the bread store is out......note to self: open a TP store

AND MY ALASKAN CRUISE IN MAY OUT OF SEATTLE?????......that ain't happening. I wouldn't be surprised if the cruise line goes bankrupt and I eat that one

I don't know what to think. Stories out of Italy suck so I have compassion and understand the need to get ahead of it to "flatten the curve" but is the axe approach the way to go over using a scalpel?

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    "You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that: it’s an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."~Rahm Emanuel
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    "You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that: it’s an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."~Rahm Emanuel
    That’s deep Scooter, I Like it.

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    My own insignificant changes...

I was going to a Willie Nelson concert in Texas. That concert has been postponed.

I was going to the First-Ever 17th Annual Shortest St. Patrick's Day Parade. That parade has been postponed.

I do think this all shows the problem with cities relying too heavily on tourism and not on a strong economy producing needed, physical goods...like toilet paper.

The toilet paper was heading south bound...
    https://twitter.com/WeatherRick/stat...520640/video/1
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Arky-X View Post

Church is off till April sometime......and I'm Catholic so this is surprising because you go even when you have Roman soldiers and lions on your butt
    This sounds exactly like something my Irish Catholic mom would say to me

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    We just postponed all of our church services through the end of the month here where I work. This was advised by the local and national health departments pertaining to the no more than 250 person gathering's.. This is huge in the religious aspect of things especially during lent and heading into holy week. As I halted our Sunday morning donut order I realized what impact this one gesture has on a local level. consider this, we buy 400.00 worth of donut's every week X 3 weeks that's 1,200 dollars not going to a very small business. That is possibly laying off at least one of their employee's. We also serve 300 meals every Wednesday during lent this too will halt. This really is a not so good snowball effect even if it is short term in nature.
    Wow.... That's quite a hit for the donut shop

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Wow.... That's quite a hit for the donut shop

It really is chop especially if you consider other churches that they serve will follow and I assume they will it becomes a pretty big deal to a small business like that. On another note anyone struggling to buy paper products like toilet paper go to a local janitorial supply place and buy by the case and share with your family. It still boggles my mind as to the toiletries being hoarded.
    Like my buddy Paul said “I guess I’ll eat more cheese “

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    If you stop doing what you enjoy then the virus wins....Right?....So, I am going to buy a one owner, mint 200x tomorrow

As a rule that I live buy, always do the opposite of the masses, when they are selling, I am buying, when they panic, I stay calm. Fear is a state of mind

MrC.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MrConcdid View Post
    If you stop doing what you enjoy then the virus wins....Right?....So, I am going to buy a one owner, mint 200x tomorrow

As a rule that I live buy, always do the opposite of the masses, when they are selling, I am buying, when they panic, I stay calm. Fear is a state of mind

MrC.
    Dam I best go look at that 65 el Camino I’ve been eye balling then.

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    It still boggles my mind as to the toiletries being hoarded.
    Like my buddy Paul said “I guess I’ll eat more cheese “
    Instead of hoarding toilet paper, or eating more cheese, I was just gonna get myself a dog.
    1983 ATC 200x
    1982 ATC 250R X2
    1983 ATC 250R : Future build
    1985 ATC 250R : Main rider
    1985 ATC 363R Duner
    1985 ATC 250R X2 : Future build
    1986 ATC 250ES

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //