//ArrowChat Code
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you doing anything different because of Covid-19?

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I liked the first version better.....
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    I liked the first version better.....
    I did too... But if you've noticed, he doesn't read entire posts past the first two sentences.

It's all just wasted words on wasted ears.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ironchop; 03-24-2020 at 06:40 PM.

--
    This video was posted by Chinese propaganda television about a month ago.... Remember that and then think of what Italy is going through right this minute. Big death toll......

Now watch this video from them....a month ago

"Fight the bigotry" ..... slick

https://youtu.be/mNMdg4morQs

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Watched the video, chop. Interesting that they use a young man as the "victim" instead of an elderly person since the elderly are most affected by the virus.

Gotta spread that virus, kill off locals and resupply with Chinese workers.
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

--
    Big Pharma and Trade Groups Spending Millions Fighting Trumps "Buy American"

https://spectator.us/big-pharma-trad...mpression=true

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynard James View Post
    Most action this sites seen in 6 months on a Monday at 6 pm. Might as well turn the fkn lights off.
    Now if Glamy could grace our presence once again that would be truly epic!!

Look folks The Dumbshit is officially back trying to MAGA 3WW....Douchebikes is back for a short stay.....So good of you to make an appearance, no one cares you showed up... #COVIDIOT #streetlegal200Xrider #postwhorewannabe
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	antifa.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	262057

--
    So I got my test back today from respiratory symptoms I had last Sunday, raspy breathe, cough, mucus, you get the picture; I'm negative! So now I'll treat anyone else as a leper if they don't have proof like I do, lol.

Here's the sad part....and I caught crap at emerg when I went there. In Alberta, you're supposed to call Health Link #811 or access Alberta Health online and they will run you through a series of questions. Based on your answers, they will tell you a) self isolate for 14 days, or b) report to a testing facility. I did the online test and was indicated to just stay home. The wife and I agreed that since I'm never sick, (and I'm not) to go in to emerg because something wasn't right. Well turns out I have a chest infection which was picked up by x-rays. I was sent home with meds and everyone is happy; and they did do a Covid test for good measure. Now, if I followed protocol and just self isolated, I would probably have had pneumonia within a week. I see a failed system disqualifying anyone with a respiratory condition that isn't covid being passed over. This is going to kill some people and not just from Covid I'm guessing.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Grats on the neg test results. Diagnoses over the phone rather to stay home or not seems pretty dumb to me. I get not going in to spread it and such, but like you said, need proper diagnosis. We are instructed here in the states to do the same thing, call the doctor, don't go in unless instructed. I wonder if they are doing the same thing in the US. Hope you get well quickly.

In other news, which is really just common sense, but Cloud flare just sent me an email saying they have seen an increased in internet traffic 10-30%. I guess some businesses are having to update their servers due to the extra load, seems to me they were well over due for an update if that's the case. My website reflects that, it's about 15-20% up from a month ago.

Who would have guessed, people stuck at home uses the internet more lol. My ISP has kept up just fine, no hiccups at all, so glad I dumped $3k into the upgrade, my old isp would probably be dial up speeds currently from being 150% over loaded instead of 120% overloaded lol.

--
    A NY company is bringing the S. Korean fast result test to the US:

http://investor.henryschein.com/news...-2019-covid-19

Disclaimer from someone more knowledgeable than I :

It takes time for IgM and IgG antibody titers(see definition below) to reach a detectable level.

The challenge with many serology tests is that the antibodies aren't present at symptom onset. It generally takes about 7 days from symptom onset for IgM antibodies to reach detectable levels.

This type of test is for mid to late stage diagnosis. With something like SARS-CoV-2 you ideally want a diagnostic that can detect the pathogen at fever onset. This allows you to properly bin the patient as positive or negative asap. Serology can give a false negative if utilized to soon in the disease state.

I thinks it's great that they're making it available but society needs to be educated and the people implementing this test need to understand its limitations and use the tool the right way.

Definition of "titer"

A titer is a laboratory test that measures the presence and amount of antibodies in blood. A titer may be used to prove immunity to disease. A blood sample is taken and tested. If the test is positive (above a particular known value) the individual has immunity.
    Last edited by Scootertrash; 03-28-2020 at 08:04 AM.

--
    The MN Governor put us on a 2 week "Shelter In Place" rule as of midnite last night.

I found out Thursday I am an "Essential Employee", since the government has declared construction workers as "essential". This morning I read an article in the local paper that 78% of Minnesota jobs are "essential".

I am going to honor the 2 week SIP rule only for the sake of my lovely wife who has MS and has a chemo infusion (for the MS, not cancer) coming up in about a month which they can't administer if she comes down with the C-19. Based on the lack of my ability to maitain a proper social distancing from my coworkers and other trades on a large commercial jobsite, I think it's in her best interest.

I don't really give a sh!t if I get it, I'll survive, I'm too stubborn to let a little bug kill me. Besides, I have several people I need to stick around and irritate for a few more years Not including youse guys

Personally I think this whole virus thing is being overblown. Numbers keep getting thrown around that are all speculation. I'm no mathematician, I can barely spell it, but none of this sh!t seems to add up. The media keeps pushing more and more hysteria and panic, people keep buying into it more and more. While I don't necessarily believe "It's only the Flu", I don't believe it's as bad as they say. YMMV

ETA: In a little bit I will be making an outlaw run to Fleet Farm for a few minor essentials. I will bring my "Essential Employee" letter with me in case I get asked for "my papers". I'll update the thread later with my report on any apocalyptic conditions, if any, I encounter.

--
    Not sure how the shelter in place order is wrote up for your state, but in Michigan it lists allowed things which includes shopping, going to the park, visiting family. It's an order to say home, but then it effectively limits no travel. That even include outdoor activities as allowed, to some driving their vehicle is an outdoor activity. Our governor also blamed trump for not forcing a lock down so "she" had to, she has some weird backwards logic going on.

Also, according to a Michigan lawyer, if a cop asks where you're going, you can plead the fifth and not answer them, just don't be a jerk about it.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
    Interesting thing is, it says except war and public danger, I'd almost thing this whole thing would fall around those terms as it's been projected.

Also, I don't get why everyone freaks out about social distancing but doesn't say anything about surface contact. Like if someone drops a package off that has covid 19, the package where they handled it could have the virus on it. The virus lives for different lengths of time depending on the material, plastic and stainless are the worst around 3 days.

I think this whole thing is blown up a bit bigger than it really is, mortality rates suggest how bad it is, but it's only valid if all cases are known. There's likely a large % of people that don't have a verified test if they have covid 19 or not but are staying home. The thing we do know is *most* people with severe symptoms go to the hospital, so the worst of the worst is reported. No one truly knows how many people didn't go in. Could be a tiny amount like 5-10% or it could be quite huge like 50%.

From what I've watched, recovery time can take up to 6 weeks or more in some cases. Death is normally within 2 weeks of getting sick (elderly, like 80+, and people with pre-existing issues mainly).

Some quick math... currently there's 105573 confirmed cases, 1711 deaths, 895 recovered for the US which as a snap shot translates to 1.62% death rate. Some of the people that are confirmed likely will die (ones recently diagnosed with it), but most should recover. That percentage isn't great, but a lot better than the 10% range predictions early on.

If you trust the Chinese numbers, 81999 cases, 3299 deaths, 75100 recovered. They got hit first, so their recovered number reflects the morality rate slightly better *if* it's covered well and accurate. Their death rate based on recovered vs total with an outcome is 4.21%, or if I use the total confirmed like I did with the US numbers, 4.0%.

Here's the page I'm using for those numbers: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Just my own predictions, but the true mortality rate I suspect is a lot closer to the flu, something like 0.7% I've seen/heard thrown around, so if 100% of the US got covid 19 with the 0.7% death rate would be about 2.3m deaths worst case.

Also, this could be a new seasonal thing, no one knows for sure but it's possible. If that's the case, expect a round 2 when winter/fall hits.

I looked up the numbers a while back for the morality rate of the flu based on 2017 data but it was 0.1308% death or mortality rate (total cases vs deaths), just over 38k people died that year from the flu and almost 10% of the population were infected by it in the US.

Anyway I've always wanted to be more self reliant instead of depend the the stores so much. I was shopping every 1-2 weeks, so I've had a pretty good supply on hand when this hit but nothing long term. My #1 problem is storage room, small house, not much room to store food/water and the products I make/mod for my business. When I can get the materials (most places are closed now by state order) I'm looking to build a root cellar something like 6x8 or 8x8. I've saved up funds my whole life, so I always had a buffer even if I make little money, so I'm doing just fine financial wise. I know other people are hit hard with the stay at home order. Not sure what I'll do with the check from the feds, I don't really need it but it's a fairly large sum of money. Might just cash it and keep the funds to the side encase my family needs money (I'm effectively the family bank and I'm the one that makes the least per year).

I started prep work last year for a garden area, that area I have ready looks great and it's really time to be planting for my area. Testing out the wood chip method. Logic is wood chips hold moisture below the surface, but at the surface it's really dry so weeds can't grow so it's the garden with little weed problems. If there's any weeds that do grow, the pull out of the wood chips really easily. If this works out, I'll be expanding the garden and section it off for different family members to manage. The family garden is normally at my grandpa's house, but it's just a white clay garden, the stuff that grows there isn't too great, plenty of sun and water, but the ground looks about like farm land soil or worse. My ground is black swamp dirt which as long as it's not too low should be great to grow in. Water table is about a foot lower than the garden area and it's about the fullest I've seen the swamp, so I think it's a good location.

My mom always wanted to learn to can food, her grandma used to have her help with canning. I've never done it but is interesting and is the way to preserve food with out needing a fridge (the root cellar is kind of a fridge). It's a good skill to have in dooms day situations. Found out she has most of the canning supplies on hand, so will have to try it some time, can't be that hard to do, just follow instructions from what I've read. It's about like making beer & wine, can't have bacteria and molds causing problems.

I also ordered a fork truck LP regulator. I didn't realize they were pretty cheap and easy to adapt to pretty much any engine (1-100hp). I have a 10hp 5kw generator with a brigs engine and it's always a fight to get going, and fuel doesn't store long so I normally don't have much gas on hand if there's a power outage. I'm in the same situation as the rest of the area and the gas stations with power have people lined up to get gas. LP never goes bad, only the tank can go bad. It's under pressure, so it can be piped for stationary engines/burners. Since I have a backup furnace that's LP, I have a 250gal tank. If I had to I could run the generator off that for a long time but wouldn't mind "upgrading" to a 500-1000gal tank for more fuel storage. Also there's a tank called a nursing tank where there's an air valve for the lP, and a liquid valve. The liquid valve can be used to refill tanks like 20lb and 40lb. Should be possible to refill the 100lb tanks too but I don't think they have the bleed off valve so you'd have to do it based on weight. If converting the generator to LP works well, I'll probably convert my Honda riding lawnmower too.

LP in the US is claimed to be around 110 octane, so it's good for use on high compression engines, up to around 11:1 to 12:1.

Long long ago I started researching "off grid" power. I have some supplies on hand to build a really small off grid system but it's not cost effective for a big system in my area. My best resource for power would be wind power, but there's trees all around me, so the wind turbine would have to be above the tree line so not exactly a small setup and I don't get along with heights the greatest. Besides the source of power, storing the power is very expensive, I've been waiting for battery tech to get cheaper too. I have something like 200 18650 lithium ion cells from laptop batteries, so I can store a bit of power (probably around 700wh since not all of them are tested/validated good yet).

I'm still shipping out products for my business, but I'm just dropping them off in the mail box. No person to person interaction, so little to no risk of spreading the virus. If I'm forced to shut down, I'll still be doing work, just not shipping out. I also have more than enough yard work to keep me busy for a long time and other misc projects.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    This morning I read an article in the local paper that 78% of Minnesota jobs are "essential".
    Exact same story in Kentucky.

See my Pelosi thread response

--
    Well, my trip to flea farm was relatively uneventful. I did get pulled over but I was able to bribe the police officer

Name:	8A35395A-2BA4-4013-9AFA-D1774E4FA690-1333814.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	262084

Crowds were slightly below normal, but not desolate like a post-apocalyptic world. Apparently a lot of people don't give a sh!t. Imagine that.

Name:	6BE46DF1-A454-48E1-B048-8D0DFBA0C00F_jpe-1332872.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	262085

It appears the back tracking on the lethality of the virus is starting, more tomorrow.

Name:	Stock_up_jpg-1333092.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	262086

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I'm still in Florida. I was planning on being out of here by now but corona made the Massachusetts DMV slow to a crawl, so it took a while to get my new trailer registered. It is finally registered though, so I could feasibly leave if I had to.

My biggest change was I stopped going to Walmart. I don't go out drinking at night nor do I gather with big groups during the day, but I already wasn't going out hanging out with people anyways so that's not a change for me. I've been spending a lot of time at the hardware stores and the Harley dealer because I've decided now would be the time to build a bike. Just stay put and lay low, then ride out the other side. My buddy's shop is like 4 miles from the house so I go over there in the evenings (when it's cooler outside) and peck away by myself. I started a build thread in the bikersville section of the forum if anyone is interested.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Last edited by ironchop; 03-29-2020 at 05:58 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //