//ArrowChat Code
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you doing anything different because of Covid-19?

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Wow, f'n inspections?

I ran to Homopeehole yesterday and they have cones set up forming two lanes, one for "home proffessionals", one for "regular customers".

This whole thing is really starting to piss me off.

People complaining online about how Home Depot, Lowes etc are open and how it's just a money grab for those companies. Then they proceed to talk about how most of the people THEY SAW THERE aren't contractors?? Ummmm, HELLO! WTF are YOU doing there then?

Here's an idea: What if older people, vulnerable people, unhealthy people, etc, just stayed the f home? Get family and friends to bring you supplies? Ya know what? That wouldn't work either! Eventually EVERYBODY will be exposed to this, some will get sick, some will die. People die every day and this is no different. As several of us have said previously in this thread this is nothing but a huge attempted power grab.

I can't even watch the news anymore, even tho I only watched it for "Know your enemy"

I'm no intellectual, but the more numbers I hear the less they add up. None of it make any sense. The ventilator hysteria? If you get to the point where you need a respirator you're pretty much done for anyways.

From NPR, so it has to be true!
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...id-19-patients

Most coronavirus patients who end up on ventilators go on to die, according to several small studies from the U.S., China and Europe.

And many of the patients who continue to live can't be taken off the mechanical breathing machines.
    among 98 ventilated patients in the U.K., just 33 were discharged alive.
    The numbers from a study of Wuhan, China, are even grimmer. Only 3 of 22 ventilated patients survived.
    Many ventilated patients get a new lung infection, a problem known as ventilator-associated pneumonia.
    I should be going back to work next week. The wife talked to her neurologist's nurse and they can see no reason for me not to return to work and just take the basic precautions. They feel that since her chemo is almost done her immune system should be healed enough to be able to deal with this if she should get it. The chemo is for her MS, not cancer, just for clarity.

The main thing that pisses me off the most is that if you don't believe that a complete country should be shut down and our nations economy should be flushed down the toilet, somehow you're a heartless bastige that doesn't care about others.

Causes of death in the U.S. 2017:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lea...s-of-death.htm

Heart disease: 647,457
    Cancer: 599,108
    Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
    Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
    Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
    Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
    Diabetes: 83,564
    Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
    Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
    Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

How come we're not shutting down the country over heart disease, cancer, or chronic lower respiratory diseases?

Why isn't the government forcing people to eat right, exercise, quit smoking, etc, to cut down on the first two and the 4th major causes of death in the U.S.?

How's that for a rhetorical question?
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    I think the difference is, you can't catch heart disease from someone else or cancer. If the gov forced people to eat right and do exercise, quit smoking etc, I think it would require a lock down so much that all freedoms would be gone. Things haven't exactly moved in the right direction for that kind of stuff. I'm sure pot smoking will turn into a similar thing as tobacco smoking, warning on the package that it causes health harm, but no one ever talks about the negatives of it.

If you jump down to influenza and pneumonia, almost 56k deaths, and that was a fairly bad year. With it "running wild" aka we not doing much of anything to stop it, so that's effectively worst case numbers. This covid 19 stuff is new, no one really knows the effect if it was left to ran wild. At first it was predicted 50-100m people could die from it. The numbers are coming in that shows it's much lower. According to the coronavirus task force briefings worst case now is predicted to 2-3m deaths. Really the question comes up, should we let 2-3m people die and get back to work, or cripple the country and try to slow it down to a manageable level. Clearly most of the people in those numbers have existing health issues already, some of which would have died anyway within the next few years. If the health system gets over burdened, the death rates would increase but haven't seen figures on what kind of % of people really need assistance with recovery.

There's some drugs being tested on hopefully critical patients, but like anything, it needs to be tested to see what the cons are vs the pros. I think I linked the video of a doctor talking about these drugs from over a month ago, so no point in linking it again.

I get the concept of the question, but the focus/scope is short term, the deaths *right now* is pretty low numbers. We would have to look at the long term numbers, what happens if it's left to run wild for a year, what if 90% of a large city gets sick all at once and say 20% needs special care, how many of those people would die that wouldn't have normally died. What kind of chaos would we see from the public (most so than now) if it was left to run wild. I can see the view point from both sides of the fence, I think some middle ground needs to be met.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    There's two ways to become immune:

1) natural infection and recovery

2) a commercial vaccine

Guess which one is more lucrative?
    #2 is a Gates/Fauci special copyrighted a few year back and ready for a 2020 debut at a hospital near you

--
    I got out and about today. Texas now has checkpoints on their border with Louisiana. I drove to our AR/TX border to see if anything was going on there. Nope.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1835.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	262215

The Domtar paper mill in Ashdown Arkansas has laid off over 140 workers. This used to be the largest fine (computer) paper mill in the world. To put it into perspective, Ashdown has a population of less than 5,000 people, but many workers at the paper mill make near or over $100,000 a year. They also recently shut down another paper machine well before this. They're moving more toward fluff pulp production. The plant actually started as Nekoosa, then was Georgia Pacific, before being bought by Domtar.

Name:	IMG_1833.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	262216

Cooper Tire in Texarkana shut down a week or so ago. This is another very high paying plant in a low populated area. Many people here also make $100,000 or nearly as much a year. These places shutting down have a large impact on the local economy.

I've done contract work in Cooper and Domtar and know people who work in those places.

On the way back from Texarkana, I stopped to refuel. $1.59'9 per gallon.

Name:	IMG_1838.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	262217

A liquor store I used to make runs to on the Arkansas/Texas line is now closed, for good. Mostly it's because Little River county became wet again, first time after prohibition. The virus didn't help either. When I was in college, our geomorphology class stopped by here to top off before being stuck at a cabin for the night.https://www.facebook.com/Dujacks/

I would've liked to buy a few more koozies from them. 'If you didn't buy it a DuJacks, you don't know jack.' I think I gave away the last one I bought.
    Last edited by ATC King; 04-07-2020 at 10:59 PM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post

Causes of death in the U.S. 2017:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lea...s-of-death.htm

Heart disease: 647,457
    Abortions: 623,471
    Cancer: 599,108
    Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
    Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
    Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
    Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
    Diabetes: 83,564
    Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
    Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
    Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173
    Latest number I could find was from 2016.
    https://www.cdc.gov/reproductiveheal...s/abortion.htm

The reasons the wife and I are working from home is because we can and our employers told us to. I understand the need to socially distance and it is easy for me to say and do it because I can. But the masses think those rules should be placed on everyone. I can't apply my situation to some like my family that run a furniture business and have to keep their doors open to turn a buck. Thankfully, they keep low overhead so they are probably in a better position than most to ride this lunacy out. We shall see.

Flattening the curve comes with trade-offs of financial impacts and restriction of liberties. I'm able to budge a little on one of those......the other, none whatsoever. Too "1984-ish" for me.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Only 70,000 more deaths to go until we reach last years flu deaths.....thank god we killed the economy, and put millions out of work is not middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    Clearly most of the people in those numbers have existing health issues already, some of which would have died anyway within the next few years
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    how many of those people would die that wouldn't have normally died
    You're contradicting yourself with these two comments. It has already been established that the people who die were at risk of dying from pre-existing conditions detrimental to their health.

As 'chop said a few posts ago, there are only 2 ways out of this, herd immunity or a vaccine. It has been predicted that a vaccine is 1 year to 18 months away. Do we completely destroy our country for a few hundred thousand or couple of million lives that were already near death, and ruin the lives of the other 325 million residents of the U.S.?

I think not.

Listen, people die every friggin day. some deaths are preventable, some aren't. If a person chooses to engage in an activity that puts their life in danger, like drug or alcohol abuse, gang bangin', etc, that's on them and to be honest I have no fvcks to give about them.

Death is a fact of life and Mother Nature is a cruel fickle b!tch. The earth takes care of itself. If this(these) viruses were not man-made and released on purpose for political gain, then it's just Mother Nature taking care of business, and that will never change.
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Arky-X View Post
    Flattening the curve comes with trade-offs of financial impacts and restriction of liberties.
    So what do we do when it comes around next year? You know, just like the other flu-like illnesses.

The financial impacts and restriction of liberties should be imposed upon those at risk, not the general public.

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    So what do we do when it comes around next year? You know, just like the other flu-like illnesses.

The financial impacts and restriction of liberties should be imposed upon those at risk, not the general public.
    That's the $64k question for the "experts"
    It's not just about next year, it's about next month-ish. As soon as the peak is over and everyone starts back to normal, BAM, another spike and here we go again.

I'm on a local sports forum and obviously Covid-19 is dominating the discussion. There are many that are preaching gloom and doom with this thing. All worried about what everyone else is doing at Lowe's, Home Depot, Wal-Mart. They are telling people, "You would take it more seriously if it was one of your loved ones."

So the question you asked was kind-of thrown back at them. If it is so important to save even one life then why don't we lock ourselves away for 12-18 months until a vaccine comes out?
    Then their tune changes. Oh no, can't do that. Then why the heck are we doing it now if we are going to be back in the same position in a month or so?

Just rip the dang band-aid off and be done with it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Arky-X View Post
    That's the $64k question for the "experts"
    It's not just about next year, it's about next month-ish. As soon as the peak is over and everyone starts back to normal, BAM, another spike and here we go again.

I'm on a local sports forum and obviously Covid-19 is dominating the discussion. There are many that are preaching gloom and doom with this thing. All worried about what everyone else is doing at Lowe's, Home Depot, Wal-Mart. They are telling people, "You would take it more seriously if it was one of your loved ones."

So the question you asked was kind-of thrown back at them. If it is so important to save even one life then why don't we lock ourselves away for 12-18 months until a vaccine comes out?
    Then their tune changes. Oh no, can't do that. Then why the heck are we doing it now if we are going to be back in the same position in a month or so?

Just rip the dang band-aid off and be done with it.

EXACTLY!

The other thing I get a kick out of is Fakebook. Now, I spend very little time on there cuz it just makes my head hurt with the ignorance and stupidity, but the posts that say stuff like "I know contractors need supplies, but why can't they just order online and pick it up at the store, then the store could be closed so regular shoppers couldn't go? Most of the people I saw there weren't contractors"

1. For anybody that's done any type of contractor work,hell even skilled DIY'ers, we all know "ordering online and picking up at the store ain't gonna work like the regular Joe thinks it will.

2. How exactly can you tell a contractor from your average homeowner? Are we going with theassuption that all contractors now wear those faggy lime green or bright orange shirts and jackets? NOT!

3. How does someone spot "non-contractor customers" if THEY AREN'T AT THE STORE AS WELL?? If you're at the store you can't beotch about others being there either. Friggin jagoffs

--
    For anybody that's done any type of contractor work,hell even skilled DIY'ers, we all know "ordering online and picking up at the store ain't gonna work like the regular Joe thinks it will.
    I've been in a back and forth over a $700 custom built door that i ordered Jan 30, FOR 10 WEEKS NOW.

Oh yeah, just order it online and have it shipped right to your door...
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    If you die and you believe in God, know that your sole is needed by a higher power. The purpose of your journey on Earth has served it’s needs to the Almighty. Your destination is Heaven where God welcomes those baptized in his name. However short your life may seem on this rock, your sole is eternal. Have faith no matter what the Government says or does it’s in their best interest to seem as if controlling you is the answer. I think natural infection to human body overcomes it’s own illness is the cure. I also don’t believe the monkey,bat soup caused this. The more I look to the science of the actual cell formation and how it acts....imagine you reprogram it to attack Cancerous cells. To tell me some Asian guy in a market boiled this up in his crockpot is just not believable. We are all going to get sick so if you smoke...quitting will up your chances of it progressing past a flu like cold. Heaven is the greatest place and death only effects those who remain to the physical world. Peace to those laid to rest and pray for those left behind so they may carry on.

--
    The IHME has revised their total death thru August 4 number down once again today:

60,415 COVID-19 deaths projected by August 4, 2020, it was 80,000 something a couple days ago.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

The IHME is funded by Bill Gates, whether that matters or not I am unsure. However, if he had a "secret vaccine" falsely lowering the numbers would do him no good, but he would still profit either way.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Z 250 View Post
    To tell me some Asian guy in a market boiled this up in his crockpot is just not believable.
    I don't think that is the correlation they are trying ot make. I think it pertains more to what is needed for an existing pathogen in one species to make the jump to another species, besides the fact that the "wet markets" in China have got to be a petri dish of unhealthy stuff. Not to mention eating uncooked critters has got to be the most unhealthy thing imaginable, even if it's prevalent in a certain culture. Eventually something is going to go wrong.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Z 250 View Post
    If you die and you believe in God, know that your sole is needed by a higher power. The purpose of your journey on Earth has served it’s needs to the Almighty. Your destination is Heaven where God welcomes those baptized in his name. However short your life may seem on this rock, your sole is eternal. Have faith no matter what the Government says or does it’s in their best interest to seem as if controlling you is the answer. I think natural infection to human body overcomes it’s own illness is the cure. I also don’t believe the monkey,bat soup caused this. The more I look to the science of the actual cell formation and how it acts....imagine you reprogram it to attack Cancerous cells. To tell me some Asian guy in a market boiled this up in his crockpot is just not believable. We are all going to get sick so if you smoke...quitting will up your chances of it progressing past a flu like cold. Heaven is the greatest place and death only effects those who remain to the physical world. Peace to those laid to rest and pray for those left behind so they may carry on.
    My shoes really liked this post.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Thanks for noticing: I guess Jesus did wear sandals, my bad. Now I’m never getting in!
    Last edited by Tri-Z 250; 04-08-2020 at 01:26 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //