//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Winch

--

Winch

I am planning to buy an ATV winch for my 2008 Honda TRX450R. What brand can you guys recommend?

--
    titz on a bull a little ont ya think? warn sucks KFI is better

--
    Two things I'd look for, is one with a dependable free spool mechanism. Some tend to freeze up when not regularly used (including Warn). Some cheap brands may have the free spool lever actual break off (Badlands Harbor Freight)

The other is one that already comes with synthetic rope as an option. I don't like dealing with cable. It's harder to handle, heavier, and if any strands are loose it can stick you, which is something to think about with mud covered hands. It's like an injection with whatever bacteria is in the mud.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    I got a Champion brand 3000lb. Kit #13050. It was on sale for $119.99 Canadian. I also picked up a KFI mounting plate. I have not installed it yet but had great reviews and best bang per buck. IMHO. It is going on my 2006 Honda Foreman ES

I looked around. Superwinch had bad reviews. Warn are nice but $$$.

The one I got is a cable. Wish I got I with a rope. Does not look like I can switch it as the drum my cut the cable. No big deal. I will just keep the cable.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //