//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1986 250es Big Red Carb

--

1986 250es Big Red Carb

Hello everyone my Name is Dave. Can someone please help with carb issue? I have been ordering carb rebuild kits for this particular model bike and still having fuel issues. Looking at the manual after 85 should be a Part # QA 07AA. Can someone confirm that? The carb that's on it now is a Keihin QA 10AAA which looks identical. I have no idea what that carb come off of to match the jet size. Please help?

--
    Dave. Here is link to a very informative carb tutorial by one of our members, Flyingw. I think #2 post will answer your questions. Good luck.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ebuild-Tutoral

--
    Thanks for info. So according to that I have the correct jets for the 86 big red. Just not sure I have the jets for this specific carburetor part number. Not sure what it come off of. Keihin QA 10AAA

--
    QA10A is from a 1986 ATC350X

Besides the Lever based choke, I'd think it should be effectively the same. It's a "QA" series carb, so they are all based on the same core design, but the 350x one might breath a bit better, like the carb bore size is larger which would mean the stock jetting won't be correct, let me hop in my specs db I'm building real quick to check (if I have it).

Yea, the 350x carb is 31mm while the 250es is 27mm.

Here's a table to show the jetting differences and such.

Also, if you ever run into a carb you're unsure what it's from, I have a big list of carbs on my site for Honda.

https://atvmanual.com/honda/atv-oem-...identification

--
    Thank you so much! Now maybe I can actually enjoy riding this thing.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //