//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pelosi's CORVID-19 relief bill:

--
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLIN View Post
    I don't think there is anywhere in California that the sales tax is 7.25. Maybe 20 years ago. LA county is 10.25. Gas tax (there's like 3 different ones) are around .50 a gal, more if you buy diesel. You might be able to get a 2 bed apartment for $2500 plus util. in an area that doesn't threaten your life. A friend of mine just bought a new pickup truck, his registration fees are $1100 a year. It cost a minimum of $20 to park at an event, most are more.

California has gone off the deep end. And its getting deeper every day.
    Good Lord that's insane

And the real kicker is, the more money they take from you, the less likely you can afford to move away from there.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    The 7.75% is what google says the state tax is, it mentioned county taxes, but 10%+ country tax? Maybe that is combined like 7.25% to state and 3% for the county. I could see LA costing a lot, kind of like living in Las Vegas. The local "bigger" city near me has a false economy too, there's a pretty large chemical plant in the area and a lot of stuff in stores are quite a lot more expensive. I just shop online for what is too much, and buy locally for things that can't be shipped etc. Like around 10 years ago there was a Milwaukee tool kit in the store that was around $500, same one online shipped was $400. My dad wanted the tools so he bought them online to save the $100 difference. This wasn't a little power tool kit, I think it was like 70-80lbs, came with like 3 batteries and 6 tools.

So, 10% to ca, 22%ish or so to the feds, you instantly loose 32% of everything you make before it even touches your pocket. I wonder why people around my area won't accept higher taxes xD. Some states don't charge sales tax, but they get that money in another route, property taxes or whatever. Ca has a crazy amount of money flowing into the gov, are they using that money for anything useful, or is it just a bunch of wasted money?

According to google, gas tax here is $0.187 per gal for state tax and $0.184 for fed tax, so total of $0.371/gal in taxes. Prices locally for reg (87 octane) is $1.59/gal. Crazy seeing the prices so low. Back when I was a kid it hung around $1 and down south it was like $0.30 cheaper. I think the cheapest I saw it was $0.76 from the time I can remember that kind of stuff. I'm somewhat young though.

If you want to really look at high cost of taxes, check out countries with public health insurance. I've heard Canadians pay around 50% in what they make to the gov, don't have any sources to back up the data though. Maybe someone from the great white north will chime in.

--
    Here in MN i hear everyone saying they will take the $1200 check and toss it at the mortgage for a few months to help get back on track with the bills, it will help a lot of people here but its also cheaper living here. I'm amazed at what CA people spend to live out there, i see it over and over on forums and FB about how $1200 is nothing to CA people. Man here in the Midwest $1200 is like a lottery, i pay in on income taxes every year, self employed just how it is here, that $1200 will even out the money that went out this year and put me back at zero at least. But it could easily pay our bills for a few months to, we live pretty basic here, nothing extravagant, but we live comfortably. It's just cheaper here.

In the end though they really want to give out the checks for stimulating the economy, so if everyone just goes out and blows it on crap they want then thats exactly what they are hoping for, rather then stashing it in a savings account or paying off debt they want you to toss it at retailers.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    kb, where in MN are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    $1200 covers a few months of your mortgage ?. holy crap !. I don't think that even covers 1 month of my impound account for taxes and insurance here.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

--
    $1200 covers two months of my lease on my 3BR house.

I'm sure we have a lower median income in Kentucky than California, so it's all relative I'm sure. The cost of living and real estate values are high in my locale but over the rest of the state, it's fairly affordable overall.

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Not getting the full $1200......and I have "adult children" so nothing for those 2 dependents.

Part of this package was to allow you to take $100k out of your retirement plan without penalty as long as you pay it back in 3 years. I finally got around to looking at my 401k and it looks like someone already took out $100k!!! Looks like Dow Jones may have been the culprit. Hope he pays it back.

--
    What we need is free food services right now rather then money.

The Pelosi---12" wheat bread w/ turkey, spinach, Virginia ham, provolone cheese, American salad dressing, white onion & tomato. (cut in half on a 45degree angle - held together w/2 sandwich picks -red / blue)

The Trump ---12" white bread w/ roast beef, shredded lettuce, salami, capicola, bacon strips, American cheese, red onion, banana peppers. (cut in 3 pieces on two opposite 45degree angles - held together w/3 sandwich picks - red / white / blue

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    What we need is free food services right now rather then money.

The Pelosi---12" wheat bread w/ turkey, spinach, Virginia ham, provolone cheese, American salad dressing, white onion & tomato. (cut in half on a 45degree angle - held together w/2 sandwich picks -red / blue)

The Trump ---12" white bread w/ roast beef, shredded lettuce, salami, capicola, bacon strips, American cheese, red onion, banana peppers. (cut in 3 pieces on two opposite 45degree angles - held together w/3 sandwich picks - red / white / blue
    Mmmmm- that trump sandwich sounds yummy/ now I’m hungry. Thanks and it’s only 11 o’clock. As long as it’s shredded lettuce none of that mixed greens stuff

Shep

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynard James View Post
    What is 1200 dollars? Nothing. Your dumfvck demigod Retarnald Dumbp has been siphoning billions. I hope his his skull splits open soon.

but youll be keeping your government check wont you Troll?

--
    The things Bill Gates tends to say out loud are unnerving

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...ind-lock-downs

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Every angle this stuff is coming from. So many theories in so many directions, my head is spinning. When I finally do park it somewhere I need to make sure it's really far away from everyone else.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    More on the Bill Gates connection(s):

Fauci and Birx BOTH Have Big-Money Bill Gates Conflicts of Interest:

https://nationalfile.com/president-t...t-of-interest/
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

--
    Don't they mean 'The tool has already been launched, but now we can validate it's use for "Public Safety"?

https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/03/g...navirus-trump/

Google is creating instruments helping health officials track people’s movements to help them determine if citizens are complying with social distancing guidelines, according to the company’s website.

“No personally identifiable information, such as an individual’s location, contacts or movement, will be made available at any point,” Google noted. Riiiiight
    Last edited by Scootertrash; 04-06-2020 at 12:42 PM.

--
    To the people who say the establishment wasn't gunning for Trump before he even took office should check this little video....This guy can't track current models of Wuhan spread, but somehow announced 1/10/2017 about a mystery virus hitting the world in 2020 Word is he is in tight with Bill Gates

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //