//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pelosi's CORVID-19 relief bill:

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --

Pelosi's CORVID-19 relief bill:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ed-with-pork/#
    The bill includes a wish list of Democrats’ pet issues including:

Increased fuel emission standards for airlines receiving funds and carbon offsets:

Payment for up to $10,000 in student loans

Same-day voter registration, early voting, voting by mail, ballot harvesting

Preserving collective bargaining powers for unions

The expansion of wind and solar tax credits.

Requirements for federal and corporate gender and racial diversity data:

The bill demands that corporate recipients of financial assistance are required to report racial and gender data regarding salaries, number of employees, supplier diversity, and membership on corporate boards. It also requires federal agencies to use businesses and financial institutions owned by minorities or women.

Post Office Bailout

For payment to the ‘‘Postal Service Fund’’, for revenue forgone due to the coronavirus pandemic, $20,000,000,000, to remain available until September 30, 2022

Automatic extension of non-immigrant visas.

Restricting colleges from providing information about citizenship status

Money for Planned Parenthood
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Who cares. Shlt is a distraction. People getting thirsty over a thousand dollars. Whoever cant survive a damn month on their own regard should maybe just not.

--
    What is 1200 dollars? Nothing. Your dumfvck demigod Retarnald Dumbp has been siphoning billions. I hope his his skull splits open soon.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    So if this money does get sent out, you'll happily return yours, correct?
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

--
    Highlights of the "Relief Package"

https://www.omaha.com/news/trending/...b992bc6.html#1

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynard James View Post
    What is 1200 dollars? Nothing. Your dumfvck demigod Retarnald Dumbp has been siphoning billions. I hope his his skull splits open soon.
    Let me guess, he's not your president. This is very incoherent, which seems on par for what you typed. Care to explain how sending people in need $1200 is nothing? And what do you mean by he is siphoning billions? Please share so I can understand your point of view better. As far as your last sentence........wow man - how very anti-hate and tolerant you are.
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atctim View Post
    ........wow man - how very anti-hate and tolerant you are.
    Yeah that's par for the course. They seem to vote as they are told, and they assume everyone else is on board. It's about doing the "popular thing". They aren't mad Trump is supposedly a "racist". They are mad that they lost. They look to the news media for an explanation of why their opinions aren't as popular in America as they were told, and the news gives them reasons to turn the blame away from themselves and project it onto other people. They take no responsibility for running a complete POS racist and eternally corrupt woman who's husband hangs out with child traffickers. They lost because they ran The Devil as their chosen leader but the media didn't want them to stray from the establishment DNC script so they blame "racism" "sexism" "oppression"........ Much like those neutered ANTIFA punks.... They hate Statists and fascists but they only attack unarmed voters because they are terrified of getting worked over or shot by the people they are mad at. They attack unarmed ppl in a passive-aggressive manner with the message aimed at someone else. This is a sure sign of cowardice. They don't have the balls to fight the people they are truly upset with because they can't win fighting people who fight back

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ironchop; 03-28-2020 at 01:49 PM.

--
    Here in California, Our DMV employees have figured out that they will make more with the new unemployment guidelines than they are making at work. So they bitched about it, and now all our DMV's are closed. My wife is a private contractor so she is now out of work, nothing in that bail out helps her. And my work is day to day because of all the panic. The $1200 does nothing for either one of us. It's based on your last tax return and we both made over the limit to qualify. In California, $65,000 a year is poverty level and the San Fran area is $100,000. So that bail out ain't doin crap out here. That bill should have nothing in it that doesn't directly go to this virus situation. IT'S JUST THE FRIGGEN FLU. Get over it.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

--
    Our state's Democrat governor is one being hailed in the national press for his "proactive stance", his "transparency", and his "leadership examples"

Two things:

1)Beshear is from a dynastic family of successful politicians. His father was once governor here as well just a few years before Andy. Establishment to the core, like the Clinton's, Bush's, etc, etc. They follow the establishment script to a tee, never deviating. Like any establishment political family from any party, everything they do is campaign-based. We joke that Andy is already running for President and that his victory speech will throw a shout-out to Covid-19 for it's support of Andy's presidential bid

2) he's twice issued "orders" for "non-essential" people to stay at home, but then added so many non-essential businesses to the list of "essential", that here in Kentucky, really only about half the population AT BEST, is working from, or staying at home at any given time of the day. That's counting the unemployed and employed alike. Most of the time, 60-70% of working people are still showing up for work, it seems.

Lumber yards are considered "essential".... Anyone who makes auto parts, makes something for companies that make auto parts, or sells auto parts (like even AutoZone, etc.) Auto auctions, companies that make stuff for companies that make stuff for any "essential" business are also exempt. 80% of the local restaurants are still operating, only the independents that don't have a drive thru are closed. If you make food, sell food, make packaging for food, make price tags for food, ship food, make cash registers that can be used in the grocery store, silverware to eat food... Exempt. Hardware stores or anyone that provides services or hardware for any "essential" business on the list is also exempt.

It (Beshear's order) is very vague and absolutely toothless. It's all a facade of "action"..... The only ppl staying home here are kids in school/college, waiters and waitresses, bartenders, salaried employees from some non-essential businesses, and currently unemployed people, quarantined people, some retail establishment employees, and anyone controlled by or dependent upon the UAW or Teachers Unions.

Yesterday, a local elementary school had a bunch of parents and kids out in the parking lot congregating and waving balloons and poster board signs for something school-related, it appeared. Apparently, actual education was shut down but for some reason this extra- curricular activity was deemed necessary by someone and allowed to continue on school grounds. I estimate that I saw at least 60 humans all within inches to just a few feet within each other. Nothing to worry about?

The salaried people won't hurt too badly INITIALLY but I wouldn't think they can escape the burn for too long. The people in the retail, service businesses considered "non-essential" are the ones I worry about. Most of them were already living check-to-check before this mess showed up at our doorstep.

My point is, you're not going to be very effective at slowing down the infection rate with these "plans" and it all boils down to a token gesture, at best. It's all for appearances, in my opinion.

Our gas station clerks put up plexiglass barriers on their counters and are wearing gloves. Meanwhile, people cheerfully punch the same keypad for their debit purchases that 900 other people touched that day, acting as if that plexiglass protects anyone, and the employees go on working thinking that their boss is taking steps to protect them from infection because humanity and caring and shyt. In reality, their boss is protecting their investment to ensure that they don't lose employees to the virus. You can't take in money without someone healthy down at the store to man the cash register and accept money on your behalf. It's got zero to do with safety. I really love the "no eating in the dining room of restaurants" rule. Most local national chain restaurants have full dining rooms because people "getting carry-out" need a place to rest while their order is being filled.

Again, national chains aren't hurting anywhere near as much as the independent restaurants. Protect the market and the market investors.

These "pandemic plans" seem to consider economic impacts first and foremost, and actual citizen safety is considered last.... This tends to question the seriousness of the issue when it's being downplayed in favor of economics or being used as an excuse to pass irrelevant legislation and general budget matters using this crisis as a smoke screen.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ironchop; 03-28-2020 at 01:47 PM.

--
    Yea the 100k cut off is interesting, I'm way way way lower than that so I'm getting the check, but I don't really need it because I'm smart with money. I have 6+ months worth of funds saved up. Everyone else in my family is paycheck to paycheck, some have debt, and that debt is maxed out so they are wasting a ton of money on interest which makes everything they buy more expensive. When they have something come up they can't loan more money, so they go to me to loan them the money. I make $0 off it, and I'm risking not being paid back. I only loan to those that I know are trustworthy and have paid me back in the past with no issues (delays are fine, no payment ever is a no go). I think I'll keep the $1200 for the loan funds, but really I think the bill should have been made where people can request the checks so those that don't need them would be too lazy to request them and a fair % of the population wouldn't get them. Could send the overflow funds to the people that needed the checks. I've already seen people that are well prepared money wise saying they plan to give the check to someone in need.

For the people making 100k+ even in high cost of living areas, there has to be *something* they could cut out of their money costs to save money, or do some shopping around to save money. Not trying to put the blame on people with more money than me or anything, just about everyone lives paycheck to paycheck, even doctors making 200k+ per year. The spending habits is part of the problem in my opinion. It's like the poor, they will always remain poor because they do nothing to better their self. Like a person working at fast food won't move up if they show no management potential, and they won't make good money unless they change jobs.

I live a very simple minimalist life, priority is good internet which helps me with the online business.

Here's my monthly bills. I live in a dead zone for cell service, so I have the cheapest plan possible $20/3 months.

Car insurance ~$200 (min coverage, I own the vehicle)
    Internet - $75
    Cell phone - ~$7
    Property taxes (rent for those not buying/owning) - $125
    Electric - ~$75 (was around $30 but I've upgraded my computer, monitors etc, bigger and better, but also draws more power)
    Hosting + domain for my business site - $22

Plus these:
    Food/water/supplies
    Income taxes

Yea, I don't pay for health insurance (have gov assisted insurance currently due to low income), dental, etc, I pay upfront which is part of my buffer money. Last year I had a crown put on a molar, $1600 total for 3 visits minus 10% discount for paying in cash. In the last 5 years I've paid to have all my wisdom teeth pulled (over sized teeth, they are prone to having problems). I also pay for vision out of pocket.

According to off the top of my head, I need $504/mo + food and water for min cost. I could cut the cell phone out, down grade internet, lower my power usage (computer is on 24/7) and find a cheaper lower quality host for my business. I live in a fairly low cost area but I know people making $50-80k/year that still cries about not having enough money. I'm single so yea that changes a lot too I know. If I was making $80k/year and if I could keep a handle on my spending habits, I could probably become a millionaire in 20 years by living off $30k and investing the rest of the money. Jobs around my area aren't great, biggest city is like 40k population. I'd rather be self employed, being driven like a slave was getting old pretty fast. I enjoy my freedom from not having a "normal" job.

Pretty much all I'm getting at is like the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can make him drink it, or the saying give a man a fish and it will feed him for a day, teach him how to fish and it will feed him for the rest of his life. Handling money isn't taught in the US very well at all, it's another skill that everyone really needs. Credit cards are the band-aid for poor spending habits that ultimately ruins people's lives, the credit card companies know this and they make a killing off interest for the instant loans. Yea... some people know how to play the credit card game, more power to them, I save 1% on 99% of stuff I buy by using a credit/debit card, both my bank and paypal offers that to everyone with an account as long as it runs through the credit network and not the debit network (they collect around 3% fees for the "credit fee" off what the business receives).

I hope everyone that's in need can use the money wisely. I've already heard people wanting to blow the check on buying something they want. I bet my uncle that lives off the gov (disability) will buy another PCP air rifle ($600+) when the check comes in. If you have anything big to sell, now would be a great time to list it for sale, going to be a huge surge of people buying stuff and over paying due to little supply, high demand.

--
    Life costs different amounts in different areas of the country.
    You state that your property tax is $125 per month.
    Mine is just south of $1000 per month.
    And I live in San Bernardino county. Which is the arm pit of California.

Gas is well under $2 a gallon in many states now. It can't ever get that low here because of how much gas tax we pay.
    Last edited by BOB MARLIN; 03-29-2020 at 08:45 AM.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

--
    You pay around $12k in taxes a year for property, damn that's a lot. I live in the township known for high taxes lol. My parents have a property worth twice as much as mine and their taxes are about 1/2-2/3 the cost of mine. Looks like gas prices are around mid $1.60's here. Down south is almost always cheaper. Too bad there isn't a good way to store gas for long term for at home, would be a great investment I bet.

Our state tax here is 6%, according to google ca should be 7.25%. I knew cost of living was high there, but does it all boil down to basically the amount of taxes you have to pay? Like the cost of food etc higher mainly because of the taxes on the businesses? I've never fully understood why some area's cost so much to live, so I'm pretty uneducated on the high cost areas. Seems like just about every tax bill gets passed here for spending money on schools that are working just fine, I think the gas tax in our area was voted no because the last time they raised the tax to pay for road improvements, there was little to nothing to show for it. There was also a bill not too long about about raising the state tax to 7% and we voted no on that too.

Is the higher taxes justified in the state? Like if there's a lot of money going to roads, are the roads like the best in the US? We are known for having pretty garbage roads here, but we get a lot of road damage because of the ground freezing and thawing which can break up roads pretty bad. Our roads are wider than the roads down in Indiana, some of those roads down there turn effectively into a 2 tracker.

Even with higher taxes, the above post still applies, just the monthly costs are higher, which also means your monthly income will need to be higher. Like for example, when I got a 50% pay increase switching jobs, I started to eat out a lot more for lunch and such. I didn't do the math back then, but I probably blew $3000 or so on fast food for the year I worked there which is about as much as I spent on fuel and I had an hour drive each way to work. I paid off $10k or so off my house that year too plus bought a ton of machines like Toyota pickups and Honda 3 wheelers as a sort of investment. Country so I can store vehicles with out insurance etc on them.

What's the income taxes like over there? Our state taxes are so low it's always a secondary thought vs the cost of federal taxes, I didn't even think about them in the math above, I think last year I paid like $125 for state income taxes lol.

Anyway, wasn't trying to shift the focus of the thread, but this is interesting to me. There's no way everything costs 10x more there though? I haven't analyzed anyone else's spending habits, most don't track things well enough to be able to tell me what their bare min to get by even is to get an idea how much money is blown on wants, fun, entertainment, etc. Correct me I'm wrong, but isn't ca the most expensive place to live in the states?

--
    I can’t wait to see if Nancy’s people vote her back in when the time comes.

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I'm too lazy to look it up.......what are the guidelines/thresholds for getting one of them guvment chex?

--
    I don't think there is anywhere in California that the sales tax is 7.25. Maybe 20 years ago. LA county is 10.25. Gas tax (there's like 3 different ones) are around .50 a gal, more if you buy diesel. You might be able to get a 2 bed apartment for $2500 plus util. in an area that doesn't threaten your life. A friend of mine just bought a new pickup truck, his registration fees are $1100 a year. It cost a minimum of $20 to park at an event, most are more.

California has gone off the deep end. And its getting deeper every day.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SJMGASTAX08039001-1[1].png 
Views:	13 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	262094
    Last edited by BOB MARLIN; 03-30-2020 at 12:14 PM.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //