//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 200s Build

--

200s Build

A while back I read about some guys racing their hard-tails on the flat tracks. I have a 200s that I'm considering racing at my local county fair. I think I will be in the open quad class (even with a 200) so I would like some tips on building my trike. I don't plan on winning, I just want to have some fun, and hopefully not get beat too badly. I will be on a tight budget, and this wont be a dedicated racer. I want something that I can run on the trails one weekend, swap tires and gearing and go to the dirt track, and play in the mud too. I would also like some tips on frame gusseting if that is needed, and I can weld.

My thoughts have been as follows:
    First overbore 10.25 wiseco piston
    1979-83 xl185 cam (if I can find one)
    26mm flat slide carb
    Better exhaust?
    Kenda speedracer tires?

Again, I would like a powerful, versatile machine for as little money as possible. Thanks for any help!
    1984 ATC 200S "Muddy Pete"

--
    "Racing, dont plan on winning".

Cant relate.

Just buy something that runs and go for it. Let the trike tell you what it wants as you learn to race.

--
    Sorry, I should've phrased that better. What I meant is that I don't think its realistic to think that I'll be winning in a class with built quads on a 200. I just want to have some fun at my local county fair on the dirt track and have some more power on the trails. Thanks for the advice on just going for it. I thought I'd ask to see if there was a way to get more bang for my buck before I started spending on it. With that, whats a good place to start as far as carb and jetting once I put the high compression piston in? The stock 22mm just seems a little small. Thank you!
    1984 ATC 200S "Muddy Pete"

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //