//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1972 ATC 90 opinions

--
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot1 View Post
    Attachment 262056

Here's the exhaust. Like I said, it came without a chain tensioner on it so this tells me that previous owners had trouble with drive chain. I would like to replace sprockets and chain but I want to make sure all is like it should be. Are there any specifications/diagrams/drawings of this? Links? Or should I just order a manual?

Thanks
    Looks like a hooker header to me, pretty loud pipe. You’ll definitely wake the neighborhood with that one.
    Order yourself a manual if you plan on keeping it. There are some online ones available maybe even on this site but in my opinion it’s much easier paging through a book than a phone or pc. As far a a chain tensioner should be able to find online, eBay, dr.atv. Buy new not used.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Can you get a photo of the end of the exhaust? It's been a while since I looked at it, but I have one from an ATC110 that looks similar and was a Cobra.

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_2642.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	262069

Sorry about the pictures, my girl is a lot better at taking them than me. lol

That's the end of the exhaust. I'm going to finally have some time to mess with it a little today. It runs but the carb is trash. Should I try to rebuild it or replace it with a Chinese carb for the short term? I'd like to keep all the original stuff on there as I can but a Chinese carb would work until I got this one going properly.

Still waiting on manual, sprockets, chain, etc. Still super excited to have this. It needs to be cleaned up pretty bad too.

Thanks for your help.

--
    Nice score on the US90 . The exhaust to me looks like a Aircone Inc out of Las Vegas, Nv. Or it could be a Johnny's Speed & Chrome out of Stanton Ca. Hooker's baffle cone did not reduces as small as this one in the pic. Aircone and Johnny's had a smaller hole for there baffle.
    * 1970 US90 Red
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Helm&Son, Bandito /3D springer. ( Spaghetti Winder )
    * 1978 ATC 90/128 Bandito / Ace Williams Springer.
    * 1980 ATC 110/ ? Helm&Son, Dickson Full Suspended
    * 1981 ATC 110 MTC Full Supended
    * 1985 ATC 200s
    *1986 ATC 250R/310 2"+ Westcoast Swinger

http://www.ebay.com/usr/jwheeler760

--
    For the carb, take it apart and check it out, clean it up well and put back together and give it a shot. Sometimes it's just a cleaning and it's good. If it's all corroded up inside you might want to replace the corroded parts. The chinese carbs are hit and miss, the jetting can be way off in them so the time and effort to jet them correctly, you're generally better off just fixing what you already have which has jets that are known to be right for your machine. Aftermarket exhaust, so likely not the sock jetting in there, but a size or two up.

That exhaust looks so much like mine. I'll have to dig it up. The louvers in the exhaust pipe had a unique look to them which matched my Cobra exhaust and people on here thought it was a Cobra too. Maybe we are guessing wrong though.

--
    Found the exhaust. Here's some pics of it.

Oh... pics are too big for 3ww, I'll have to 3rd party host em.

I did some digging on ebay, and found a similar style Cobra logo that matches my sticker, just wrong colors.

Last edited by ps2fixer; 03-28-2020 at 02:04 PM.

--
    Im with Jeff. I think it's an Aircone. You dont see many of those. The rear does look like a Cobra but the head pipe is not bent the same.
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

--
    Man every time I think I’ve seen all the possible pipes made for the 90’s and 110’s a new new one pops up. Great knowledge guys thanks for sharing.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    will a pull start housing from a 77 work on my 72? Yes, pic of inside coming soon!

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_2652.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	262089Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_2653.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	262090

Day one-Started great and ran kinda rough-needed a chain tensioner
    Day two-Wouldn't start-carb related-needed carb and chain
    Day three-Working on carb and got tired of how slow the cord was recoiling when it would recoil at all needed recoil rebuilt/replaced, carb work and drive chain/sprockets lol

I am not going to mess with it tomorrow. I don't want anything else going wrong..lol

Smooth inside exhaust. Thanks for the info. Supercool to know that some guy at some small shop somewhere fed his fam making that exhaust at one time.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //