//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shop air lines

--
    Just ran a shop in PEX. Easy to plumb and should be fine for most compressor output.

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Parents were in upholstery and used black iron. They only ran about 90psi because it was mainly staple guns and not many air tools. Uncle was a plumber and he put that in mid-80s and never had problems with it. Obviously shut down air compressor down each night. Before weekend we emptied the water separator and then took the furthest away drop and attached an air nozzle and held it open until tank was empty.

--
    Not great pics
    4 reels on this wall with slope to legs for blowing out. Take offs for the reels go up and over, first

Drops are easier to see in machine shop, lines are sloped to right of pic here

Woodshop, air is behind the pvc dust system. You can only see the reel here. I think there are 6 drops in that room

I think I was at around 2k installed, clearly a lot cheaper DIY, some walls were 50-60’ runs, so a good deal of copper and the elbows in the drops and fittings add up. I am very happy

--
    We originally planned on a 2” loop threw out the shop with 1” drops so we would have enough air for the impacts but now we never use the air impacts cause the battery one work so good. I will have to go get some good measurements and get some prices with 3/4 and 1 copper. I was thinking of using one of those air line kits you can find but they seem like the get you on the adapters/fittings to hook them all up
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    I never use my air impacts now either.

Descale
    Inflate
    Blow/blast
    Sandblast

--
    Yea that’s about my biggest air consumers too
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Quote Originally Posted by big specht View Post
    Yea that’s about my biggest air consumers too
    I would've though a sandblaster would be, are you running one of those things? If yes, find out what it's peak demand is and plan from there.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Yea we have a sandblaster too. That really shows you how well your air dryer works or don’t work.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    I use the Milton type V high-flow connectors. A lot better airflow. The other nice thing is there a simple push to connect, you don't have to pull the collar back to connect them. You still have to pull the collar back to disconnect them all
    Milton air fittings are absolutely top notch. I've been using them for years myself. They make the only A-M-T fitting I've ever used that doesn't suck. After the first one I bought probably 15 years ago, I've always put them on everything I bought from that point forward. Nothing chaps my arse more than finding out the air tool you just dug out doesn't fit the line. Or if I'm away somewhere using the air from the truck and I borrow a tool from someone, I don't need to worry about what kind of fitting is on there.

Before someone go outfit their entire shop with these on my word, buy just one and try it. I recommended them to a guy I know in the past and he was bent because he didn't like them. In my defense, this guy would have a hard time changing a belt and buys actual tools from Harbor Freight, so he doesn't have much of a gauge for these things. I think they're the tits.

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    The Milton Hi-Flow V style also fit the M and A style plugs but you'll lose the hi-Flow capability.

V style couplers and plugs offer a maximum pressure of 300 PSI and air flow of 74 SCFM.

M style couplers a max of 300 PSI and airflow of 40 SCFM.

A style couplers a max of 300PSI and airflow of 35 SCFM

AMT style couplers a max of 300PSI and airflow of 42 SCFM

The V style offers a good increase on SCFM over the others

I've swapped over most, if not all of my tools to the type V and I keep a few spare type V connectors in my toolbox for new tool purchases or if I damage one.

The bonus, for me at least, is if someone wants to borrow an air tool I just tell them mine won't match their fittings. I never used to mind borrowing out tools but I'm old and crotchety now and over the years I've grown tired of maintaining a "borrowed tool" list on the door of my cabinet and hunting down "I'll bring it right back" tools and tools damaged by people using them incorrectly.

I also give my connections a little dab of oil to keep the o ring lubed and things working smoothly.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //