//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1985 ATC 70 running issues

--

1985 ATC 70 running issues

I'm working on a 1985 ATC 70 and am having a hard time trying to get it to run smoothly. I've replaced the spark plug and gave it a few pulls to verify spark. I then thoroughly cleaned the carb and rebuilt w/ a Shindy kit. The machine is hard to start intially, but once running and warmed up, it will start easily. It will idle if the idle is turned up high, or just barely crack the throttle. The mid range and WOT is horrible though. Under load, it bogs and will only drive on flat ground. WOT does nothing, but hesitate. I pulled the plug and it doesn't look horrible, it's not completely black from a rich condition, and not white from a lean condition. Playing around w/ the choke helps keep it running most of the time. Initially, I thought it to be a carb problem, but I'm running out of solutions for it. The only thing I have yet to try is to verify fuel level w/ a clear hose and open the bowl drain and try a different needle position. Anyone have any suggestions?

--
    So I verified that the float is operating correctly and the fuel level is spot on. However, I did discover that I have intermittent spark. I went to adjust the points, gave it a few pulls and had great spark. Ran it for a couple minutes and now spark is gone again. Sometimes the spark will come back as usual, and sometimes it will come back w/ a very weak spark. Am I safe to assume it's the condensor? I was plannining on replacing it and the points.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //