//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Cheep Sporty 4x4 atv?

--

Cheep Sporty 4x4 atv?

I'm looking for a new to me quad this season I only want to spend $2000. Now the hard part is I don't want a full-blown utility quad, but I don't want a race quad I want something in the middle. I want a quad that I can haul a load of wood and the next day take to the sand dunes. I'm having trouble find any quads that I like. The older Polaris scramblers seem to be the only option I can find. I haven't heard the best things about the Polaris. Any one have any Ideas? I have even though about getting a Honda 250SX 3wheeler.

--
    Look into a Yamaha Wolveriene 350 or 450 Atv , both great machines and should suit both needs .
    http://yamahapictures.blogspot.com/2...e-450.html?m=1
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Isn't dune riding more suited to something lighter and more powerful?

I knew someone with a Polaris 400 4x4 Sport and he was hard as hell on stuff. Never had a problem while he owned it.

We had a 250 Scrambler here for a while. I didn't have any issues with it and the reverse override was a hoot (dangerous).

If you were to say, forest riding, that's one thing, but dunes and hauling firewood...that's a tough one.

At that price range too. Then again, with the SxS craze in full swing, maybe used sport quad prices are less than 35 year old sport trike prices.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    That is the the hard part dune riding is more of a sport quad thing. I'm in need of a quad I can use in the woods for a work horse and I only want one quad.

I have thought about buying a brand New Polaris 570 too. I'm just do want the spend that much money.

The Yamaha Wolverienes people seem to be asking a lot of money for them.

I'm afraid to buy a Polaris I here a lot of bad things about them, buy its not from people who don't own them. My co-worker who worked on ATVs for 30 years he was tell me if you get one that is 5 years old or new I would be fine.

--
    I have dunes a grizzly 700 just fine, that being said you have to know your limits on such a big quad. But it has all the power in the world (detuned raptor 700 motor with EFI)
    Was it made for sand? No but it’s all in tire selection.;Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F07A2BBB-AEF3-464D-9FD7-7B3C74CE6493.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	262070Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F07A2BBB-AEF3-464D-9FD7-7B3C74CE6493.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	262070
    85 350X, 85 250R, 99 TRX 90, 05 Predator 90, 05 TRX 400ex, 2019 RZR4 XP100
    FEEDBACK for Vegas250rr

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I am very happy with our Outlander 400's. We have 3 at the current time, 1-05, 1-06 and 1-06 Max. The 05 will be going up for sale soon.

Never had them in any dunes yet. Dune riding has a lot to do with your tire selection. Mud tires won't cut it.

I've worked on plenty of older Polaris machines, I actually have a 91 350L 4X4 sitting here too. I think the older Polaris machines are built better than the newer ones. My neighbor has a '18 Sportsman 570 2-up, and a '19 Sportsman 450. The 450 has some kind of fuel leak problem but since it was under warranty I didn't repair it. I think the dealership fed him some BS on what the problem was, they claimed it had to do with running 91 octane in the winter. Interestingly the 570 never developed that same issue, and all of us in the neighborhood run 91 octane all year around and never have a problem.

I think at 2K you are going to be limited on your selection. Whatever you look for be patient and try to find a machine that was owned by an older guy. They typically take good care of their machines maintenance-wise and don't beat the he-double toothpicks out of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Power steering would be priority imo, but I’m not a real quad type.

--
    Two years ago I bought a new Arctic Cat Alterra 500. It is a mid-size 4x4 utility quad. I bought it mostly for exploring trails and using around my farm but one of the first trips I took it on was to the Oregon dunes. It did fine. It does not have power steering but I didn't feel it needed it. The only thing I was concerned about was I thought taking it to the dunes was a little rough on it for not being very broke in. Really gotta use some high rpms in the dunes and I didnt like doing that to it being so new but it got thru the weekend fine. Like anything, there are always trade offs. Its like a dual sport motorcycle. They are not quite as good as a dirt bike off road and they are not quite as good as a street bike on the street but they do both and you still have a lot of fun.

--
    One of my machines is a 2001 Scrambler 500 4x4. It will run in sand and pull stuff, but excels at neither. It's fun to ride though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scrambler.jpg  

--
    4x4 and sporty are two odd word mixed together. I however will sayd if you can find somthing IRS 4x4 is much more fun and smoother. However cheap and 4X4 wont mix well as normaly by the time you get a machine 10 years old no one has mantianced anything since you cant see much. I bought a 4 year old rancher 420 with 15 miles on it and things were ever worn good when it only had 15 miles.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //