//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 atc250es running rich

--

85 atc250es running rich

I have a 85 atc250es that is running really rich. When I get on the throttle a puff of black smoke comes out and it is hard to get started. Also when I pull the plug out it is wet and black. I cleaned carb and made sure choke wasn't sticking but that did not solve my problem. I then checked the timing and looks like it might be off a tooth or two.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/17iC...w?usp=drivesdk
    Copy and paste the link about into search bar to see picture of cam. The two lines are supposed to line up with surface. The piston is at TDC in this picture as well. I am not sure if this is off enough to cause a problem or not. One more question, is it possible to get the cam chain too tight. Sorry this is so long just wanted to give enough info.
    Thanks

--
    If you're using the stock cam chain tensioner, then it's an automatic tensioner so it shouldn't get too tight. It takes a little time, but at this stage of the project, it isn't too hard to change the gear position so that the cam will be in time.

--
    Ok thanks, but can it being out of time cause my problem. It doesn't look too far out of time to me and I don't want to mess with it if this isn't the problem.

--
    Fixed the timing, but chain has some play in it now and i am afraid that it is too loose. I am not sure how tight the chain is supposed to be.

--
    Alright got it back together here is a video of it running.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Y4...w?usp=drivesdk
    I am not sure if this is good or not. Thanks for the help.

--
    You should be able to view the video now sorry about that.

--
    I thought that the idle speed sounds too low.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //