//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ran 1 mile this morning.......

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --

Ran 1 mile this morning.......

Holy sh!t am I in need of cardio!

I work concrete construction, so I do get plenty of physical exercise, just not cardio.

There is a significant change in elevation about 1/2 way, I walked over the top of the hill both directions. 13 minute mile.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    If you are old-ish like me, I have to take time off from running to rest the body. I can run 2, maybe 3, days in a row but I have to take a day off. I can't go 6-7 days/week like I used to.
    Start with a mile this week a few times then add on a 1/4 mile next week. For me, temperature drives my pace more than distance. I can run 4 miles any given day but if it is over 90F.....my feet are barely moving.

Keep it up. I know I feel better and stay focused during the day when I exercise in the morning.

--
    I am 57 and started to workout about 6 months ago due to an old herniated disc that robbed me of all my muscle and upper body mobility. I was tired of being tired and in pain 24/7. Went to P.t for 5 weeks and now I am working out strength training 3 x per week. Getting bigger and stronger, my energy level has gone way up and my fatigue is pretty much gone. I feel great, look great and can honestly say I am now a gym rat. So with all of our gyms closed I was forced to make a makeshift gym at my work. Bricks on a pipe serve as my barbell. A pipe across a stack of chairs serves for inverted rows. A long pipe with spoils of heavy wire in a corner serves as a landmine. A pipe across two 8’ step ladders is my pull up bar.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Keep it up!

I haven't been cycling as much as I used to, but staying active is the number one way to feel good and be energized.

When I've had bicycle commutes to work, I was ready to go when I got there, while everyone else wanted to sit around, drink coffee and BS for half an hour before lifting a finger. It drove me nuts, because I had to do something besides sit there. A couple of the places I've lived and biked to work, had mountain bike trails that I'd ride on my way or before going home.

If the majority of Americans practiced proper diet and exercise, the majority of doctors would be out of business.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    I'm a operator, i.e. sit on my hind end most of the day. I still do a fair amount of concrete work, but like you said that doesn't do much for the cardio department. I cant run, I can barely ride a bike without my knees feeling like death. Could be related to the years of motocross, maybe all the stamped concrete I did, or other things. But, I do sweat it out and do some mountain biking, I also have a sub par stationary bike, then toss in some push ups, and that's my exercise regimen. Not great by any means but better than most. Gotta keep that old heart a pumping!

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I'm 60 in April.

I'm a laborer/carpenter at work, so I get a variety of exercise.

The wife was kinda surprised how quickly I got back, she predicted I would do more walking then I did. The hill was a killer but I'm going to keep going that way for this week, then I'll change direction next week. There is a hill in that direction also, but with a more gradual decline on the opposite side.

Since I'm off for a couple weeks, at least, for the Wu Tang Flu Shelter-In-Place I figured I need to change up my exercise routine.
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

--
    Dam we’re a bunch of old guys. Well I say good for us. Keep it up guy’s, this is what gets the doers up out of bed everyday.

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    A long pipe with spoils of heavy wire in a corner serves as a landmine.
    Say what???

--
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    Say what???

I was wondering the same thing.....

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    Say what???
    I'm guessing this;

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...exercises.html

DAM shop is serious!

--
    Hahaha, 6 months ago I had no idea what it was either. It’s a great and easy piece of equipment. Squats, overhead presses, upright rows.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B33040F5-7251-4EC7-AB90-2C6FA7878D89.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	262124. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18251638-7618-413D-916B-1C59A66195B8.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	262125

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Your post made me laugh Scooter.

About 14 years ago my sister came down here about the same time as I started skating again. I’d been slowly jogging around the local park for the past couple weeks, but nothing I’d want filmed if you know what I mean.

Sis (younger) works out on treadmills and does some running at home since she decided to get into shape years before. So we go for a morning jog and she kindly keeps my pace for about ¾ of the way around the park when suddenly she says: “Time to do something I always wanted to do, beat you at a race!” and takes off. Well cr*p, can’t have that, so I dropped 2 gears, went after her and passed her with a couple yards to go. She couldn’t believe it….

I turned left at the finish line and managed to stumble some 30’ to a bench and fell onto it. Sat there dizzy, black spots in my eyes with the muscles under my jaw tight as violin strings gasping for air. I remember her repeatedly yelling “are you okay??!?!?!” as my eyes were probably rolling into the back of my skull. When I could finally blurt out a few words they were: “ I…. I….. I…. I’m….. st….. sti…. still….f ..fff…. fa….faster…..th… th…. than YOU!”For the record I’ve decided screw exercise, I’m saving my energy for when I’m old (er).

--
    That's some funny sh!t El!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    Holy sh!t am I in need of cardio!

I work concrete construction, so I do get plenty of physical exercise, just not cardio.

There is a significant change in elevation about 1/2 way, I walked over the top of the hill both directions. 13 minute mile.
    Been ramping up the cardio lately also power walking with the dog. You must have short legs because I walk between a 13-14 minute mile.

Lots O Trikes!!!!!
    TRIKEFEST 03, 04, 05, 07, 09 Going the distance

--
    I guess technically I wasn't really "running", I was jogging, and I wasn't trying to make good time. I haven't run any kind of distance in over 40 years, 20 of that I was a smoker, and 30 years of my life I've worked in dusty conditions, all of which have taken a toll on my lungs.

I plan on keeping up with the running and keeping track of my time to see what kind of improvement I get. The last time I "ran" a mile was in high schoo lback in 75-78. If memeory serves me correctly I was doing around a 5-5:30 min mile. I never have been much of a track star.

Ran Tues and Wed, skipped yesterday, I'll run again today.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //