//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ran 1 mile this morning.......

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    ...... I haven't run any kind of distance in over 40 years, 20 of that I was a smoker, and 30 years of my life I've worked in dusty conditions, all of which have taken a toll on my lungs.
    Same here... Machinist, then commercial/industrial Carpenter, then welder/fabricator, back to commercial construction, back to Machining.

I also smoked and dipped tobacco up until 7/25/2012 which was the day I quit all that cold turkey.

My lungs will need 20yrs to heal from all that smoke, dust, and airborne coolant/metal particles. I was doing cardio 5 days a week until a year ago I started slacking off some. Now my gym is shutdown and so are the parks with jogging/walking trails, so I'm going to need to start exercising at home more often.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I live in a rural area on an approx 3 mile long road between a county road and a highway and we live close to the middle so I just jog out my driveway and choose left or right, I rarely see a car. Once I get in shape from road running I plan on jogging the deer hunting/ATV trails behind our houses. They are not smooth by any stretch of the imagination, but I figure it will help to build up other areas of my legs and ankles and probably help with core strength. I have weights at the house as well as a TRXforce set up that I bought a few years ago and never used

The hard part will be forcing myself to continue after I get back to work. 8-10 hours of construction work takes it's toll by itself, but it's the 45min-1 hour drive home that saps my ambition for exercise except for maybe curling a couple of 12oz Michelobs .
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    I live in a rural area on an approx 3 mile long road between a county road and a highway and we live close to the middle so I just jog out my driveway and choose left or right, I rarely see a car. ......
    Small fkn world!

Same here, eleven miles outside of downtown. My little country road is just off 231 (4 lane highway), is only a couple miles long and tees into another county road.

The difference is my road is a lane and a half wide and has blind hills all over it. People cut thru our road that don't live on it and they drive way too fast, so people are afraid to walk it or let their kids ride bikes on it.

It was nice until developers bought up the local farms and now my backyard that was woods and ATV trails is becoming a subdivision so we are looking to move away from here. "Development at all costs" is the mantra of our county leaders. It's all about that revenue

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Haven’t gotten into the cardio work yet. I am still a smoker so it really test my reserves when I try. I do some rowing at the gym but holy cow that really gets the cardio going.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    This is my "neighborhood", West of 169 and East of Elk Lake Road, South of 25. We are surrounded by sod farms and low land/swamp land and sod farms (high water table and peat, excellent for sod), there is also some general farm land to the east which the owner has put into a conservation easement, they are tree huggers but not too terrible about it. there is also a couple of areas designated as park space. Very little land left for building.

The creek between our road and the freeway is a blast in the winter, but it only freezes over for about a month or so due to the peat soil and the heat it generates. It's the last thing to freeze and the first to thaw. We'll jump on the wheelers and head south to that small lake, build a fire and roast hot dogs, smores and have a couple beers.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/23...!4d-93.6853672

If you zoom in on the homes to the northwest of the road (239th Ave) you can see the trails behind the houses. OPSEC prevents me from pinpointing my location
    Last edited by Scootertrash; 04-03-2020 at 11:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //