//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Axle Collar Washers

--

Axle Collar Washers

Hello! I’m in the process of doing a complete restoration of a 1986 Honda 200x. After taking apart the rear axle bearing carrier, I noticed the previous owner removed the spacer and the two washers. I was able to order the spacer on ebay, but the axle collar washers are nowhere to be found (Honda p/n 90501-HB5-000). Does anyone know where these two washers could be purchased? If not, would you be able to provide the dimensions so I could fabricate them? Any assistance appreciated!

--
    If I can find the right button battery for my digital calipers in the am I can give u some measurements of the washers, Providing the spare carrier I have has those washers to be measured. I’ll let u know Thursday noon-ish
    But most likely won’t be for sale though unless I happen to find a hidden hoard of them here.

Shep

--
    @Shep, if you have the same type of digital caliper I have, it's a LR44.

Ebay listing for 10 pack. I just bought set of these like a week or so ago and worked fine in my Pittsburgh digital caliper.

https://cutt.ly/CtUxiHu

--
    I was going to check ace hardware in the morning- I know cvs has them but really don’t want to be around any possibly sick people. I bought some batteries about six months ago and put em’ somewhere I wouldn’t forget/ ya I forgot....
    Yes There LR44
    Shep

--
    I've done that to myself more than once, I started hanging anything I knew I'd want that could get burried really easily. One of those things is the LR44 batteries, I can see them from where I'm sitting now lol.

--
    Well as it turns out, this spare carrier I’ve got is missing them too, i’ll Keep looking around here though.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B81353BF-FFB5-4FF1-91F1-9F776154B67E.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	262127

Shep

--
    Shep -

Thanks for looking. Did you use this spare you have? I put my axle back in the carrier with new bearings and no washers. When I began tightening the axle, I noticed the entire axle started to become tougher to rotate. I was tightening it by hand and never even began to torque it. My guess was the washers mean everything. Prior the project, the axle turned freely. The bearings were fine and I just replaced them because I had it apart. Do you think I did something wrong or do these washers really make the difference?

--
    Yes, you definitely need the washers-you’ll have side load pressure on the bearings and they’ll fail quickly.
    I searched today- the washers I have are already in use- nothing I can actually measure at this point.
    I’ll most likely do the rear bearings in one of the 200x’s this wk end to swap in new bearings, i wouldn’t have measurements till then.

Shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 04-02-2020 at 01:49 PM.

--
    Yeah, that’s what I was thinking too. Looks like I will need to fab them. If I cannot find the exact dimensions, do you think that as long as the ID of the washer is bigger than the ID of the inner bear race, it should work well?

--
    The inside diameter of the center “collar” Is the same as inside dia of the bearing so u need a washer same size as the bearing center so it rests on the end of the collar “but” the outer washer width about 1/4 of an inch bigger diameter.

You need two washers one on each side. Problem you’ll have is getting your new bearing out without harming it/
    You only need to remove one bearing not both.

Ace hardware “may” have something- went there today and i couldn’t go inside I had to order over the phone.... so you probably won’t be able to just go in and search the hardware section.

Actually the collar is a touch (maybe 1-2mm) bigger inner dia than the bearings

Just wait a couple days I’ll tell u exactly what size they are-

Edit- NOT MY PARTS / just an eBay pic. You can see where the collar rides on the washers
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AC89BC5A-ACA7-4DAE-B143-FB8BB9F64464.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	262128

Shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 04-02-2020 at 02:53 PM.

--
    Shep - thank you. I’ll wait to hear from you.

--
    Here u go,
    Hope it helps. You’ll need to remove both bearings, the washers don’t fit through the carrier due to the center ridge in carrier.
    The thickness of a single washer is exactly the same as the front sprocket holder(pic)

Shep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Thank you. I appreciate your assistance!

--

Axle Collar Washers

If your still looking for a set (pair) of washers I’ve stumbled upon a store bought off the shelf washer.
    Perfect fit-
    $ 10 bucks a pair-
    Interested?

I bought extras....
    Shep
    And no not ace hardware-“JP” pm me if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //