//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Funny Suzuki

--

Funny Suzuki

Decided to share this funky, compulsive, and silly project I've been working on. It all started out a year or two ago cruising facebook when I came across this ugly bike I'd never heard of. It was close, mostly complete, and only $100 (obligated to buy). Drug it home and started researching and gathering parts. What I had purchased was a 1974ish Suzuki RV90. Ended up with a decent pile of parts and began to get serious about restoring this thing. Well life gets in the way with a move and job change. The good thing is I moved into a place with a little garage. So after the move I wanted to get started. After much consideration I picked up another machine in way better condition, titled, and ready to go. It slowly snow balled into where it currently sits. I put alot of NOS parts and time into getting her fully operational. No drips, runs crisp, and everything works. Plan to enjoy it around town this summer and just wanted to share! I could turn this post into a full build thread if you guys are that bored haha Also working on putting together a video if you're all interested.

Thanks,
    Drew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RV90 1.jpg   RV90 2 (2).jpg   RV90 3.jpg  

--
    That's pretty cool. Are those rims painted or anodized?

--

--
    Cool!! I'd hang on to that thing.

--
    I like it the tires and wheels give it a racy look. Did you powder coat the wheels or just paint them?
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    AKA - VanVan

I rode on of the new 200s a couple years ago. Totally different, but similar looking.

Does yours still have the tire pump on the frame? I thought that was a neat touch.

Part #25
    https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts...39639sch282742
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Cool bike. I have one I'm trying 2 get the back wheel off...do you or anyone know how it comes off . I'm turning the right side end and got the nuts off other side but the shaft won't come out... Looks like a smaller inside. Shaft that spins ?
    our original 85 we bought new, 2 - 86 police specials
    250r dust runner
    04 Yamaha kodiaK 450 snowbuster ! Brute Force 750 dust collector .
    Bunch of es stuff I been buying for next builds....
    Gone but lives on in my aching body the mighty 350x collection . A Beat 85 es im gonna rebuild

--
    This will be the second time trying to respond to this thread haha. Thank you all so much for the comments. This thing has been a blast. I might have covered it in the video I'm not sure, but the wheels are painted. I wire brushed them down to bare metal and sanded everything smooth. Initially I was going to paint them a stockish silver but later decided on the gold. I used high temp VHT engine paint and think it turned out nice. Neither one of my RV's came with an air pump unfortunately! There will be more to come with this thing and I plan to continue updating this thread!

Dustrunner, it sounds like a stuck axle to me. To remove the rear wheel all that is required is to remove the axle, undo the brake stay and control rod, remove brake side axle spacer and drum, and you should be able to remove the wheel/hub. If there isn't enough clearance just remove the larger nut on the sprocket side (this allows the second half of the cushion drive to be removed from the swingarm) and you're all set. If this wasn't clear we can PM and get it sorted. Check out the pictures (hopefully it helps!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RV90 62.jpg   RV90 63.jpg   RV90 64.jpg  

--
    I found a picture I took from a motorcycle show. Forgot I had this until yesterday. It's a RV125 and a RV90 in the background. Only the second RV125 I've seen in person.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB&BBQ'14 (43).jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	276.0 KB 
ID:	262396
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    That's a cool bike! I dig the fat tires.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //