//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 84 200es no spark where to start??

--

84 200es no spark where to start??

Any tips on where to start or common issues?

--
    Check your coil ground and your ignition switches. Also check that your spark plug boot is securely screwed into the cool wire. It might help to trim 1/4 off the wire so the boot can have fresh wire to screw into.

First though, I would check for power thru the switches and ground continuity.

Apparently, the CDI boxes are known to go bad in the 84 200ES but I would check everything else first before you buy a CDI

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ironchop; 04-05-2020 at 04:49 PM.

--
    When I lost spark on my 185s I replaced every electrical component hoping it wasn't the primary stator, but in the end that's what it was.

--
    Well my 12 yr old and I started working on it yesterday. Have a standard ohm meter, not digital and I'll be honest I am not familiar with using one etc. I had found a thread on bigreds.com I believe where a guy had same ATC 200es and wrote out how to check etc. We ended up with a light spark somehow lol. But wouldn't fire. And then it was gone again so going to order some parts and go from there.

--
    It’s usually the CDI on that model if everything else checks out ok , tap on it with the plastic end of a screw driver while turning the motor over and see if it does anything . Another common issue is the black wire at the coil make sure it has a very good connection , also remove the spark plug cap and lay the wire on the head to check for spark .
    CDI’s have parts that have a shelf life like capacitors that just go bad over time or internal cold solder joints .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //