//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 81 Atc200 Farm Hack

--

81 Atc200 Farm Hack

Hey all, new here, over in NZ. Before the lockdown hit I ordered three basket case trikes to work on.

This is the first of the three. The others being an 81 250r and 86 200x.

I’ve rebuilt most of it from the ground up. Engine is just waiting on final gaskets. All bearings replaced along with seals. Fixed and welded frame etc.

Had the engine Vapor blasted and going with original plastics and 2k paint for this one to keep costs down.

Loving the build so far. Here she is when I picked her up.

--
    Few photos from early on. Had to weld the fricken flywheel tool on to get it off, it was STUCK.

--
    Frame and bits back from repair and paint.

Engine back from vapour and new bearings etc. starting to assemble the bottom end.

--
    Cylinder bored and new valve seats cut, getting ready to assemble.

New 12:1 piston fitted so I can build my right arm muscle!

Missed one part from vapour blasting damnit.

Not real keen on how the gold came out. It’s a bit green.

--
    Into more assembly with electrical and brakes etc.

Got the wheels reassembled and on the back end and dropped it to the ground.

--
    Annd where I’m at now. Waiting on tank and forks to come back from the painters and for gaskets to arrive!

Original plastics repainted but they are in fairly shite state.

That’s one phat ass.

--
    I'm liking this, looking really good. When you get more pics please post them.

--
    I like the red and gold, reminds me of a first gen 250r.
    Currently : trx400fw, ct70, 250es,200x, xl80s, 350x, 350x, 225DX, trx300

--
    That's a nice spread of machines you have, and the ATC200 is a gem. It's always interesting to see the early trikes before Honda used the frame top tube as the air intake.

I met a few guys from NZ last year. We ate ate a local pizza place, then got hassled by some creeps on the street looking for $$ afterward. I gave them a couple pieces of American memorabilia to take home. One piece being a brand new Zippo lighter. The young-un didn't know what a Zippo was.

They gave me this beanie, which I wore a lot during the winter. (The penguin plush is an unpaid model)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0161.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	262264
    Last edited by ATC King; 04-11-2020 at 11:25 PM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Thanks, yea I like it too, quite like the gold now the red is there. Doing this one first as I’ve not built a trike yet so figured I’d go with the lowest part count one to start.

I’ve said it’s for the wife, we will see if she can start it... haha.

NZ is in pretty much total lockdown so getting bits is quite tough. Even couriers are sending only essential items... well, supposedly.

This one is waiting on a couple of gaskets that didn’t come in my kit. Along with the tank and forks from the painter.

The engine was a hell of a mess, oil filter in the one way clutch was jammed tight with old grease.

Plus shoes for the brakes and a couple of minor bits. Might have to move onto the next one whilst I wait.

--

Vapor cleaning

Who did the vapor cleaning for you? That turned out amazing

Quote Originally Posted by anon3 View Post
    Into more assembly with electrical and brakes etc.

Got the wheels reassembled and on the back end and dropped it to the ground.

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by anon3 View Post
    Thanks, yea I like it too, quite like the gold now the red is there. Doing this one first as I’ve not built a trike yet so figured I’d go with the lowest part count one to start.

I’ve said it’s for the wife, we will see if she can start it... haha.

NZ is in pretty much total lockdown so getting bits is quite tough. Even couriers are sending only essential items... well, supposedly.

This one is waiting on a couple of gaskets that didn’t come in my kit. Along with the tank and forks from the painter.

The engine was a hell of a mess, oil filter in the one way clutch was jammed tight with old grease.

Plus shoes for the brakes and a couple of minor bits. Might have to move onto the next one whilst I wait.
    Looks like a great build bud! Sweet Hilux too....you boys got all the good Yotas over there.

Really digging the vapour blasted cases....looks an absolute treat. You work a lot quicker than I do lol, my motors been apart for over a year and I'm just getting the head back together.

Did you get the trikes locally then? Good luck getting parts too, everything's kinda crazy
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Noslo_2 View Post
    Who did the vapor cleaning for you? That turned out amazing
    It was done by a guy up the road from me in Canterbury, New Zealand. He does a great job and turned it round in a weekend.

Cost about $150 USD, well worth it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnBoy View Post
    Looks like a great build bud! Sweet Hilux too....you boys got all the good Yotas over there.

Really digging the vapour blasted cases....looks an absolute treat. You work a lot quicker than I do lol, my motors been apart for over a year and I'm just getting the head back together.

Did you get the trikes locally then? Good luck getting parts too, everything's kinda crazy
    Thanks mate, I’m enjoying it a lot so it’s been great all round.

That’s a 2018 Ford ranger PX2, sort of similar to the raptor over your way but with the 3.2 diesel turbo and flat deck.

Yea, bought all three from the same guy for around USD1k, really really hard to find 250r here in NZ.

--

81 Atc200 Farm Hack

Just a quick few photos, still waiting on parts to finish up, but getting there now.

Too white at the front with the back carrier on, I’ve painted the front rack down tubes red to try to make it not stand out as much.

Waiting on gaskets, grips and a lever now.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //