//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 300EX carrier in a 86/87 200X carrier CAN SOMEONE MEASURE 83/84 250R??

--

300EX carrier in a 86/87 200X carrier CAN SOMEONE MEASURE 83/84 250R??

So, apparently they fit the 200X swinger but the sprocket is not aligned and needs a spacer, no problem.

So, I bought a 300EX carrier and it is just as big as a 350X carrier, so I'm confused as to whats going on. There's other posts that talk about the swap, I wanted to figure it out and possibly have the CNC program changed to be a bit shorter - easy peasy.

However, it doesn't fit, no way and I THINK all the years are the same.

I'll add some pics but if you are familiar with the swap, please chime in.

Thank you....
    Last edited by Dirtcrasher; 04-13-2020 at 11:29 PM.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Bearings ID is too big, I can change or sleeve them. But the carrier wont fit the swinger...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    DC the only thing even remotely like this that I've heard of is that there's a guy building swing arms for the 86-87 200x that uses the 300 carrier AND axle with a spacer to re-align the sprockets. The only reason I know this because I'd made 2 of these spacers by special request. I think you might have some stuff confused on this one.
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

--
    Yeah, it had to be just the axle with the spacer. Good news is I can use the carrier in my 350X.

It sure seems there are 0 options for the 96/87 200X if you want to run that swingarm.

I've got plenty, but I'm trying to help someone and drawing a huge blank...

--
    The only aftermarket carrier I have seen for the 86-87 200x was the one made by RAD Mfg, but they went out of business a few years back. They turn up every now and again but I have not seen one in a few years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RAD_BC-H3__86-87_200x.jpg  

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtwheels View Post
    The only aftermarket carrier I have seen for the 86-87 200x was the one made by RAD Mfg, but they went out of business a few years back. They turn up every now and again but I have not seen one in a few years.
    Thanks DW, I knew there was someone who made a carrier for the 200X a few years back.

I wonder if an 84/84 carrier could be modified...

I gotta find someone with some measurements, I can change dimensions around, add a sleeve for a different bearing etc etc, that's what the lathes for.

EDIT:

83/84 axles fit the 200X carrier, what about the carrier?? Hmmm

Does anyone have an 83 84 250R carrier they could measure up for me??

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!

--
    The bearings are the same for the 83/84R as the 86/87 200x but the bearing seals have a 2mm larger outside diameter on the 200x carrier. Not sure what that means for the overall diameter the 250r carrier itself, if they are in fact smaller than the 200x. I don't have a 250r carrier to measure.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Mielke View Post
    DC the only thing even remotely like this that I've heard of is that there's a guy building swing arms for the 86-87 200x that uses the 300 carrier AND axle with a spacer to re-align the sprockets. The only reason I know this because I'd made 2 of these spacers by special request. I think you might have some stuff confused on this one.
    Last week I saw the post on "Honda ATC 200X-350X Connection" and I don't know how to link the actual post but the focker said it fit...

Then my brain recalled prior posts about the swap and I went for it....

" Colby Gonyer
    March 28 at 3:08 PM
    Just got this sweet 86 200x back together 300ex axle and carrier, some motor work and some fresh paint! Not done but it’s a fun ripper.
    !!!Still need fenders and a kickstart!! Please help me out of anyone has a connection on a kicker or some rear fenders. Thanks everyone! "

--
    The 83-84 bearing carrier is to small in diameter so it wont work in the 86-87 200x.But the 85 250r carrier fits perfectly but is way to wide.For some reason I can't post the pics.It says failed.Im thinking of getting a good used oem 85 carrier or and aftermarket one and have it shortened. The 200x bearings and seals will fit the 85 carrier.Also a 230 quadsport axle fits in the 85 250r carrier.
    Last edited by atc300r; 10-06-2021 at 12:27 PM.
    250r rules

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //