//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 86 200x Build

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Still looking good. Know what you mean about the swingarm, it was a 2 person/2 hour job on my R.
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

87 ATC 200X - restored stock other than 18" rears and nerf bars

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

Eton Viper 50cc - oldest daughter's current ride

--
    Quote Originally Posted by anon3 View Post
    Next job is get that f@cking swingarm off the frame.
    For stubborn bolts like that, I put a brass cap over the end and have a go with an air . If it'll move at all, it's going to come out, but may take a little back and forth, some Kroil, and a few days.

I've got a front fork leg, where the axle is loose, but seized in the spacers to the point I even installed a grease fitting into the spacer and that still wouldn't allow grease under pressure to go through. I've got to save something and it'll be the fork leg, so I'm to the point of cutting the axle to do it, if I can't groove the spacer. I've been at it for months, off and on, with soaking, heat, ing, but it isn't budging. The worst stuck part I've come across in a while.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    F@CK this bolt.

--
    Got to the point of sealing cases and my Center gasket doesn’t fit. Package is marked 86-87 200x.

Need to order another but how do I know what’s right? This was a namura set.

--
    Well, ordered another gasket so waiting for that now.

I ended up changing my mind on keeping it stock, I’m building it with more of a blue theme.

Got most of the bits painted now and halfway through the frame. Still need to blast the front hub which seems to be baked hard as.

Shocks will be rebuilt this coming week and hopefully I get my gasket.

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    It's probably good that you're a world away, because if you were my neighbor I'd go broke hiring you to paint stuff, lol. Nice work.
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

87 ATC 200X - restored stock other than 18" rears and nerf bars

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

Eton Viper 50cc - oldest daughter's current ride

--
    Haha, the blue one is not great to be honest. I messed up in a couple of places. And I paint outside. It’s.... challenging.

Got the bottom end assembled, and oil cooler connections drilled (streesssssssfulllll).

Back to waiting on parts now. Need oil seals so I can carry on.

--
    New swingarm bolt out of 316 stainless made as well.

The Namura gasket kits being sold on eBay are wrong for 86 in case anyone else is trying to find some. They don’t fit the right hand and Center cases. Got mine from CMSNL instead.

wild200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    This is going to come out real nice!

--
    Very nicely done!!!

--
    The 86/87 200X bottom end is pretty strong, the only failures I find are the gear shift plate, and they seem to break allot; Between Shep and I we must have 3 dozen of them

Biggest issue is people stripping the LH crank nut on every used crank you find and I never did find a rod that fits, many are just a couple mm's off.

It's looking great, and it's got be hard for you to get parts where you are. You'll be psyched when it's done and nice and tight.

I recently picked up another aftermarket 83/83 250R axle, slides right in the 200X carrier!

LMK if you have trouble finding anything, I know that machine very well....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Thanks, that info on the axle is great to know as I had to literally grind mine to bits during disassembly.

Been looking for an 86 axle but seems cheaper to buy a new dura blue on eBay.

To add to the info on that gasket set the left side cover is also wrong. So just totally incorrect for the year.

Parts are hard to get locally for sure.

Anyone have a complete seat available? That’s the one major bit I didn’t get with it.

--

86 200x Build

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    The 86/87 200X bottom end is pretty strong, the only failures I find are the gear shift plate, and they seem to break allot; Between Shep and I we must have 3 dozen of them
    Is it hard to shift? I found the pictures in the service manuals super confusing in the trans pages. Especially with the right and left side cogs on the drive side, which can be put on either way. The pictures show a recess on both sides. Mine are flat on one side and recessed on the other.

The diagrams look deceivingly like they should be the opposite to the actual way they go. At least that’s what I’m thinking.

Once I got it the right way everything is super smooth and low effort.

I’ve got an old 200 as well and I’m sure I’ve got one of those cogs on the wrong way. It’s a bear to shift.

Final pic shows the left gasket being a sh$t left gasket.

--
    Annnd more parts that don’t actually fit the 86. This time an engine seal kit from vertex.

Clutch lifter fits, that’s about all I’ve found so far.

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Btw, I only run Vesrah gaskets on my hondas. Perfect fit, everything. No messin around with cheap chinese junk. Looks great so far.

Dirtcrasher can probably hook ya up with the oil seals you need, he offers kits for different bikes.
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //