//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 86 200x Build

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Still looking great!
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

87 ATC 200X - restored stock other than 18" rears and nerf bars

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

Eton Viper 50cc - oldest daughter's current ride

--
    We need to make you some frame caps for the back, Shep has the mold. I sold all my NOS ones for 99$ a set! And guys were glad to buy them! I use to give them away at races, at some point I had ordered a couple dozen, wish I had bought/saved more...

Anyhow, hard to match the blue, can probably make up some black ones.

I like all your colors, just enough! Some guys go crazy and powder everything, probably just to keep things rust free though...

What's next?? What do you have left??
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Um yup i have two blue caps, looks like u need the rear shock rubber too. $10 bucks + whatever the shipping is if your interested in the 2 caps and one rubber. Bike looks good. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13E03D62-BC73-45E2-BB61-4950666A9EA9.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	267813

shep

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    We need to make you some frame caps for the back, Shep has the mold. I sold all my NOS ones for 99$ a set! And guys were glad to buy them! I use to give them away at races, at some point I had ordered a couple dozen, wish I had bought/saved more...

Anyhow, hard to match the blue, can probably make up some black ones.

I like all your colors, just enough! Some guys go crazy and powder everything, probably just to keep things rust free though...

What's next?? What do you have left??
    Yea, good idea, there’s a bit of wood wedged in one - have to drill that out and coat the inside with a brush.

Left to do, still quite a bit:

Ordered:

Rear wheels and tyres
    Plastics

Still to order:

Rear brake slave - bought two Chinese ones, neither fits up.
    Front brake master
    End caps from Shep
    Decal kit
    Fuel petcock
    Exhaust - might have one made locally - $200 to ship here…

Pending fitment:

Carb and uni-filter
    Rear axle jam nut

Work:

Tank is still not stripped, it was painted with some kind of house paint, nothing I covered it with touched it (MEK, MEC) and it’s a bear to get off even with my sand blaster. I look at it sideways daily. Soon it’s time with the big wire wheel will come.

Seat cover is on its way, base is here, just need the foam made once I have everything.

Kickstarter - had to be re-built up in the bore, bushed and more material spun onto the pedal then milled to get a better fit. Waiting on a spring and bearing. Splines are good luckily.

Remake the swingarm bolt, it’s not quite right.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Um yup i have two blue caps, looks like u need the rear shock rubber too. $10 bucks + whatever the shipping is if your interested in the 2 caps and one rubber. Bike looks good. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13E03D62-BC73-45E2-BB61-4950666A9EA9.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	267813

shep
    I’ll PM you, blue is better than nothing, and I can paint them up to match. Rear Shock rubber goes where?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by anon3 View Post
    I’ll PM you, blue is better than nothing, and I can paint them up to match. Rear Shock rubber goes where?
    It covers the lower dial area/ keeps mud and dirt out Click image for larger version. 

Name:	54471AE5-9F08-459D-A44B-92D88B90639B.jpeg 
Views:	25 
Size:	356.4 KB 
ID:	267819
    got your pm- i"ll pm u back tomorrow

shep

--
    I have NOS 3wheeler masters just like what came on the 250R/350X and 2nd gen 200X, they have the oval head JIS screws.

I do have regular newer style complete masters as well, they use a SHCS or hex bolt but all are OEM NOS Nissan masters from Honda years ago, not 18$ China masters.

I sold allot of them on Ebay but can do better privately.

There are a few OEM rear masters that fit as well, I'd have to look at my notes.

But some don't even have a reservoir which I love because I'm always trying to route a big fat exhaust thru that subframe and it's a tight fit...

PS - Put a dab of silicone on the frame plugs, it's not Sheps issue, right from the factory they were too loose and his molds are based off of OEM parts.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Nice looking restoration! Just so you all know I'm working on reproduction 86 200x kick starters. Almost have them done.

--
    Are you making them out of aluminum?? That was the only way I could go about it...

--
    I'm making them from 17-4 stainless. They will never corrode. They are sweet....i'm just fine tuning the return "click".

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC200X4716 View Post
    I'm making them from 17-4 stainless. They will never corrode. They are sweet....i'm just fine tuning the return "click".
    How did you "broach" your splines?? I made a cutter from an old shaft but I'd need a longer shaft to slowly increase in size to cut them in steel, works in aluminum though...

--
    I had to make a tool to broach the splines, especially since I am cutting steel.

--
    Kicker I managed to get my neighbour to sort for me. Built it up and milled it back. So close to the first start now.

Tank will be done this week and then it’s time to see it start.

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    That looks awesome, nice work.
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

87 ATC 200X - restored stock other than 18" rears and nerf bars

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

Eton Viper 50cc - oldest daughter's current ride

--
    Got my tank on finally. Seat should be here this next week. Plastics are almost in the country.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //