//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New Member from NNY

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

New Member from NNY

I'm Jason from northern NY. I grew up riding three wheelers but when I got my driver's licence I went full bore into cars. After marriage but before kids I ordered a brand new Mustang in 2011 and built it up over the following nine years. During that time my father-in-law passed his 85 ATC 250R down to me (my wife is an only child), I rode it occasionally then finally went completely through it during the winter of 2018. My father-in-law got a 50cc Eton for my oldest daughter at about the same time. So in the summer of 2019 with our third daughter on the way (five people can't fit in a four seat car), and the older two loving to ride ATVs, I decided to shift gears hobby-wise and get back into three wheelers. I traded the Mustang for a F150 and started looking for a four stroke ATC to ride along side my daughter on her Eton. I picked up a nice 87 200X a couple weeks ago and am in the middle of adding the couple pieces that were missing and replacing some little things that are bent, broken, etc. I plan to do a complete restoration in the future but not for while, just going to do the needed TLC and ride it.

These forums were a great help when I restored the 250R, so I figured with the hobby switch and a new project I might as well join up.
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

87 ATC 200X - restored stock other than 18" rears and nerf bars

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

Eton Viper 50cc - oldest daughter's current ride

--
    Welcome. It's good that you decided to join. Do you have any pictures of your trikes?

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    This is the R, I don't have any of the X yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190924_143900.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	262420

Hopefully it uploaded . . .
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

--
    Welcome to the site.Im about 10 minutes from you. Carthage .
    250r rules

--
    Hey Jason, I have an '87 that I've had for about 15 years. I've already restored it once, and as soon as I'm done with my SX project, it will get a refresh again. Mine is completely original, so if you want to know how something should look, I can get some pics for you. I'm out in the Finger Lakes region, so about 3-4 hours from you. I've spent a ton of time snowmobiling in your neck of the woods over the years.
    1987 Honda 250SX
    1987 Honda 200X

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc300r View Post
    Welcome to the site.Im about 10 minutes from you. Carthage .
    Cool, I looked at a gen1 200x in Carthage last summer.
    Jason

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Supraman0614 View Post
    Hey Jason, I have an '87 that I've had for about 15 years. I've already restored it once, and as soon as I'm done with my SX project, it will get a refresh again. Mine is completely original, so if you want to know how something should look, I can get some pics for you. I'm out in the Finger Lakes region, so about 3-4 hours from you. I've spent a ton of time snowmobiling in your neck of the woods over the years.
    Thanks, I'll make sure to reach out when the time comes. I'm actually leaning towards restoring it to look like an 86 as I'm more of a fan of the "traditional" look, and all I can find for decals are the tank/shroud ones, but I don't have to make that decision yet. As it is nobody makes a headlight bucket for it so I plan to use one for a 85 R as it looks very similar and will fit. Right now I just need a grab bar/tail light and headlight bucket rubber strap and pin for it to be complete. Yeah, it seems like in the winter I see more out of town sledders come into the store than locals, haha.
    Jason

--
    Welcome to 3WW. Your father in law gave you a kick ass machine! Did you put white plastics on it or is that how it came?

Shep1970 makes a great repop headlight shell if you want to look original

--
    Hey way to keep the past in our future. That R is sharp better wear safty glasses around it might just cut your retinas lol

--
    Quote Originally Posted by sledcrazyinCT View Post
    Welcome to 3WW. Your father in law gave you a kick ass machine! Did you put white plastics on it or is that how it came?

Shep1970 makes a great repop headlight shell if you want to look original
    Thanks. I put the white plastics on it, when he gave it to me it was stock (all red) and rough, but complete. Tore it down to the frame and completely restored it.

I did see the repop headlight shell and they do look great.
    Jason

--
    Quote Originally Posted by TrikeLife87! View Post
    Hey way to keep the past in our future. That R is sharp better wear safty glasses around it might just cut your retinas lol
    Thanks, lol
    Jason

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //