//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Pipe for the 250R!

--
    Thank you for the postings. You have some imagination skills, first saw your talent when I joined the forum reading the USD triple clamps you made. Cut and welded and then having some milling machine made. Kenny does some amusing pipe work, he has my YT60 Tri-zinger using to mock up turner pipes for several guys back east.

"HJ" Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldfogey.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	262707
    ’84 YT60
    ’85 350x (423cc) with ’81 XL500 head conversion
    ’83 XR500 (628cc) converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’73 CB750 K3 converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’86 TRX250R chassis XR650L engine hybrid
    ’89 TRX250R (stock )
    ’90 LT500 Quadzilla
    ’85 FL350 Odysses ( water cooled head )
    Lost (sold) but not forgotten ’80 ATC 110 (205cc on alcohol ) ’83 200x ( 222cc ) ’83 200x ( 185s eng ) ’85 350x ( stock )
    added to the collection recently, (2) '70 US90 Aquarius Blue and '74 ATC90 Daytona Orange

--
    That bike and that pipe both look amazing!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by HairyJR View Post
    Thank you for the postings. You have some imagination skills,...Kenny does some amusing pipe work...
    HairyJR, you're welcome, and thank you for the kind words. Sometimes my imagination skills keep me awake at night.
    I agree, Kenny's pipe fab skills are top notch, but shouldn't be laughed at (I assume that was a typo & meant say amazing pipe work).

Quote Originally Posted by Minter fab View Post
    That bike and that pipe both look amazing!
    Thanks Minter, I'm anxious to finish it up & hear it.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    You’re right should be “amazing” spell checked good….as I’ve told my wife many times, I’m just an” un educated nickel dragger” and now through in dementia just doing what I enjoy.

"HJ" Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldfogey.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	262710

--
    I picked up the silencer from the polisher today, and got it all re-assembled. I should have wiped it down, before I took the photo, but I was in a hurry to get out of the house. I also got the toe pad drilled, tapped, & attached to the rear brake lever.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Silencer.jpg   Brake Lever.jpg  

--
    I finally got the silencer reinstalled, and the bike reassembled, and fired her up. She sounds good, but doesn't want to idle. But even with the old FMF pipe, it never idled, until warmed up. When I told Brendon (jetting guru) about this, he started giving me some suggestions to try. I've seen him help tons of others on here, with their jetting, so why not me? I tried a few different pilot jets in the past, but with no real success, and I guess I gave up because it was such a PITA getting the carburetor in and out each time to change the pilot. It should be pretty easy. Just remove the gas tank, unscrew carburetor's top cap, and remove the slide. Then loosen both boot clamps and rotate the carburetor so you have access to the bottom float bowl. With the original OEM airbox, the carb just did not want to rotate inside the airbox-to-carb boot. Now, with the TRX 250R airbox, that I installed a few years ago, it rotates easily. Hmmm, time to get this thing idling properly. Based on Brendon's suggestions, I placed an order with Jets R Us. While I wait for those to arrive, let's take some pics!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KRP6.jpg   KRP7.jpg   KRP8.jpg  

--
    KR is a wizard! Can't beat the look of raw pipes

--
    Quote Originally Posted by BENCH View Post
    KR is a wizard! Can't beat the look of raw pipes
    Yes he is, and no you can't! Hopefully, the upkeep of the raw pipe won't be too tedious. Living in Nevada should help a bit in that respect.

I finally have this thing idling pretty well. Some slight tweaks are still in it's future, I'm sure, but it's idling much better than it has in a long time. I will work on the rest of the jetting, when I finally get to ride in the near future. Figuring out the main-jet & needle clip position, is understandable & makes sense to me. I don't know why, finding the correct slow-jet, proved so baffling to me, but it did. Thanks again to Brendon for the tips, guidance, phone calls, & numerous texts during the slow-jetting process. Due to your help and diligence, it all makes sense now.

I got tired of the hard & crusty, vinyl, fuel vent hoses on my carburetor, so I finally got some proper hose, that is designed to be used for fuel vent lines. Hopefully, it will remain soft & pliable for years to come.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carburetor.jpg  

--
    Looks amazing Jeff!
    85 350X, 85 250R, 99 TRX 90, 05 Predator 90, 05 TRX 400ex, 2019 RZR4 XP100
    FEEDBACK for Vegas250rr

--
    Thanks Jeremy. Hopefully the new pipe will perform as well as it looks. From what I'm hearing, from others running Kenny's pipes, I won't be disappointed.

--
    Listen man if 1million people watch a guy in flip flops and a shovel dig a man cave with a pool. You could do very much the same. You need a tripod good lighting switch angles, basic edit skills. It’s the thumbs up from your Boss to help with your extended time Marketing. Show him the item in his hand, let him feel it. Tell him you want to create a YouTube account under his company to generate sales. Then film the next run of your flanges your about to sell tada...It will be nice to see a small production with very little explanation of the item made. It could be simple and BennyHill style, well without the chasing of loosely dress large breasted woman. He doesn’t need to know that you sell the item, only that it works for it’s intended use and it came from his machine. People want to see YouTube a high production web video is nice and clean great for image. Joe consumer wants to see Fred next door use it to confirm that any guy can use it...THINK stay at home income potential as a marketing angle to Joe as well. Pay your router off with production convenience and ability to work with multi materials...how you spin it is you. Your gonna make more anyway might as well film it in a time laps mode. Great Stuff!! Sorry for all the two cents...I’d watch it and other projects probably too I love build video in time laps.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //