//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New member and new owner of 84 atc 125m

--

New member and new owner of 84 atc 125m

Hello everyone, as the title says I’m a new member and a new owner of a Honda atc 125m. I live in Canada,BC. Previous owner said it would start and would soon die once idling, also had to be giving it gas to start it. Has no battery right now just pull start.

I have taken it apart and it’s missing some things and exhaust is rusted out and it’s crap. I cleaned and reassembled the carb. Have not started it yet because it’s missing air filter right now due to it falling apart in pieces. So it will either start or not once I have air filter and will deal with that once I get there.

I’m trying to find an exhaust for my ride. Can’t seem to find anything anywhere. Does anyone know an aftermarket universal fit that will work and with a link to it?

Also gas tank was missing the two bolts to bolt in in place on the frame. Can’t seem to find them online anywhere. Does anyone know the size and what I need for that? Maybe I can then find it at a hardware store?

Have ordered some parts online that I could find and am waiting for them to arrive. Two new rear tires ( old ones dry rot) , battery, brake pads front and rear, hand brake cable from and rear, air filter, split rim o-rings, air valves for rims, clutch / brake handle, carb gasket kit and owners manual.

--
    Welcome aboard! Sounds like you're well into this machine already. One common issue if it dies for no reason when running is the gas cap is clogged and not venting. Try running it with the cap off once you get it put back together. To find the exact part numbers you need for that machine, including every nut and bolt, go to servicehonda.com and search for OEM parts/ATV. This will give you the exact part numbers (with US pricing) and will tell you if it's available or not at the dealer. Someone on here might have an exhaust, just be patient. Royal Distributing out of Ontario (I know, I know On-terrible!) has a lot of items for ATC's too maybe even an aftermarket exhaust. Did you order a repair manual? Did you mean "Repair Manual" or "Owners Manual"?
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    This is the link to all the manuals I use.

http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by coolpool View Post
    Welcome aboard! Sounds like you're well into this machine already. One common issue if it dies for no reason when running is the gas cap is clogged and not venting. Try running it with the cap off once you get it put back together. To find the exact part numbers you need for that machine, including every nut and bolt, go to servicehonda.com and search for OEM parts/ATV. This will give you the exact part numbers (with US pricing) and will tell you if it's available or not at the dealer. Someone on here might have an exhaust, just be patient. Royal Distributing out of Ontario (I know, I know On-terrible!) has a lot of items for ATC's too maybe even an aftermarket exhaust. Did you order a repair manual? Did you mean "Repair Manual" or "Owners Manual"?

I ordered repair manual. Thank you for your response and good tip. Not a huge fan of royal distributing. I’ve had success with Honda parts direct, partzilla ( no international shipping at the moment due to virus), mfgsupply and eBay. Will just have to be patient or find a donor trike for parts. This week hopefully will be exciting with parts coming in.

--
    Right now while waiting I have the gas tank full with rust away product just to get everything clean as possible. Tank had little rust but nothing else I can do until parts arrive lol

--
    Got the bike back together and running yesterday. Idles good now, gas tank cleaned. Took the rear tires off also and split the rims. Some rust, took grinder wheel to them yesterday and cleaned up nice. Did first coats of spray paint to them, will do the other side today. Tires should be coming any day now

--
    Received tires, o rings , valves , battery and air filter. Anyone help me with electric start?? I hooked up battery and nothing. Starts with pull start. When I hit the push button to start I can see the green light dim on the dash? But nothing else. Anyone know how to test what’s wrong?
    Thank you

--
    First, make sure that your battery is good. It may have enough voltage, but not enough amps. If your battery tests good, try running power directly to the positive lug on the starter (where the battery cable attaches). Using a pair of jumper cables, hook the positive to the positive on the battery. Touch the other end of the positive directly to the power lug on your starter. If your starter turns over, it's probably not the starter.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    First, make sure that your battery is good. It may have enough voltage, but not enough amps. If your battery tests good, try running power directly to the positive lug on the starter (where the battery cable attaches). Using a pair of jumper cables, hook the positive to the positive on the battery. Touch the other end of the positive directly to the power lug on your starter. If your starter turns over, it's probably not the starter.

Ok thank you I’ll try that shortly. I hope the battery is good. I just got it from Honda and they said they charged it up. I ordered a starter solenoid off amazon for cheap but I’ll play around with it tomorrow. Check my grounds and all that. Thank you!

--
    Haven’t gotten around to the starter test yet. Took front tire off to paint rim. Had the front axel in my hand and I tried to take off the front brake hub but could not figure it out. Looked in repair manual and it’s very vague also. Does the cover just pop off ? I will be changing brake pads soon once they arrive.

--
    Took the seat off and bypassed the starter relay switch with a wrench connecting the two studs and fired right up first try. Found my problem and new 8$ part on the way.

--
    I think the outer hub should just pull out of the drum. Probably seized on the axle? You are really digging into this and figuring stuff out....that goes a long way around here, well done!
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool