//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Locked up 85 atc 70 tranny.

--

Locked up 85 atc 70 tranny.

Have done some research, just can't find a answer. I was riding my 70 around and put it in neutral, next thing I know after shifting to 1st the tires locked up. From what I have been reading the shifter drum is a problem on them. When I shift up or down I can still see the gear selector move. I also can hear the drum rotate. The motor runs fine still. I tried to rock it back and forth but nothing. If anyone has any idea i would appreciate it. I just do not want to crack that case if it is something easy I'm overlooking.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Russman1986; 05-03-2020 at 03:53 PM.

--
    I've had my hands in lots of trannys, but the ATC70 tranny is a bit intimidating.

Lots of crap in there I haven't taken the time to figure out what they do.

Gotta pull the motor, take the head/cylinder off and split the case. You may just want a 400$ e start Lifan...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Check the brake. It happens like that sometimes, when the shoe lining delaminates and wedges in the drum, locking the axle.

If it won't roll in neutral, take the chain off an try. If it won't roll with the chain off, it's the brake.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //