//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: One for the KDX200 fans

Husky250 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldy View Post
    Looked like some fast ones that day! Thanks for posting, you kinda lit a fire under me to race next year and I want to join towards the end of the 2020. I am down with a fever so I am gonna check out the last video you posted. The vintage class seems like there is always the one 80 year old guy trying to push and get his bike back up or down on some hillside that would tire out a billy goat. Usually guys stop to help out. Best way to enjoy the woods in my opinion.
    Yeah ol' Terry Cunningham was there and he's still blinding fast. There is a vintage xc and motox on the 26th and then a modern xc/vintage team race on the 27th up in Chillicothe OH. It's at a place called Camp Cattail.

--
    Cool, Great Lakes circuit i guess. Gonna join and i wasn't aware there were so many within each club. Thought there were only like ten cc races all year spread out across the country. So I am finding out a few things. Some of those trails you videoed looked a bit rough too. Races I saw were real nice smooth trails. Way more appealing to me, lol.

Husky250 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldy View Post
    Cool, Great Lakes circuit i guess. Gonna join and i wasn't aware there were so many within each club. Thought there were only like ten cc races all year spread out across the country. So I am finding out a few things. Some of those trails you videoed looked a bit rough too. Races I saw were real nice smooth trails. Way more appealing to me, lol.
    Yeah there are the Nationals as well as some regionals. there's a cross over of the Mid-Atlantic and the Great lakes Regions Around these parts. For instance that race was in the Great Lakes Region but was being put on by the Mid-Atlantic boys. We have a National up at Pine Lake in Ashtabula (I was one of the course designers). Next year it will be a National xc/MX/Dirt Track on Saturday and another XC on Sunday.

--

--
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz7dSHcZdZY

Racing the ol' KDX in Linesville Pa.

--
    Race 2 (afternoon race) of the CRA (Competition Rider's of America) sCRAm X event at Pymatuning Holeshot Raceway in Linesville Pa. No talking on this one. It's just a long couple laps of the course for your pseudo entertainment.

https://youtu.be/jZ3rJdUATlQ

--

--
    https://youtu.be/1_Ch7U5z6PY

2020 Kawasaki KLX 300 review.

--
    https://youtu.be/dDflWa-4rhg
    Some slow technique practice

--

--
    Good practice. I know those logs are slimy.

I'm REALLY glad you didn't break your arm or wrist though. At 2:10 in the video, it's visible that the right bark buster is way to high. Those should be pointing slightly down, just for that reason, so you're hands are less susceptible to getting trapped in them when you're thrown off the bike.

They're a double edged sword. They'll keep your hands and levers from getting busted on trees while hauling the mail on tight single track, but that other thing can happen.

If you had actually gone over the bars, it wouldn't have ended well. You certainly wouldn't have been the first, there are plenty of horror stories.

Keep at it though. That's some good training. Please lower those guards a little.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    Good practice. I know those logs are slimy.

I'm REALLY glad you didn't break your arm or wrist though. At 2:10 in the video, it's visible that the right bark buster is way to high. Those should be pointing slightly down, just for that reason, so you're hands are less susceptible to getting trapped in them when you're thrown off the bike.

They're a double edged sword. They'll keep your hands and levers from getting busted on trees while hauling the mail on tight single track, but that other thing can happen.

If you had actually gone over the bars, it wouldn't have ended well. You certainly wouldn't have been the first, there are plenty of horror stories.

Keep at it though. That's some good training. Please lower those guards a little.
    Yeah those Acerbis guards are a lil sketchy. They are always 100% locked in place. The ones on my "hard enduro" bike are better. One day I will replace those old Acerbis for some better ones. All in all I do OK. I crash every ride and that's the first time in the 3 years I've owned that bike that I've gotten my hand stuck. They always start out facing the right direction but they shift with every crash. They do more good than harm so we deal with them until I get the funds for a new front end set-up.... Thanks for watching BTW.

--
    I'm enjoying watching your videos.

Just so you know, I know about some broken stuff. That's what made me cringe a little seeing your get-off.

My wrist from a motorcycle crash:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0022.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	351.1 KB 
ID:	264826

Name:	DSCF4085.JPG 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	264827

I've got a metal plate holding that together now. That's definitely not the only bone I've broken and not the only metal plate I have. The broken bones don't actually hurt that bad, it's the two people pulling on both ends to reset them and the surgery afterwards.

Since high school, I've been used to the crack of bones resetting. I kind of like the sound, at least in that situation. It announces some progress in healing.
    Last edited by ATC King; 10-25-2020 at 12:56 AM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    I'm enjoying watching your videos.

Just so you know, I know about some broken stuff. That's what made me cringe a little seeing your get-off.

My wrist from a motorcycle crash:

Name:	CIMG0022.jpg 
Size:	351.1 KB 
ID:	264826

Name:	DSCF4085.JPG 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	264827

I've got a metal plate holding that together now. That's definitely not the only bone I've broken and not the only metal plate I have. The broken bones don't actually hurt that bad, it's the two people pulling on both ends to reset them and the surgery afterwards.

Since high school, I've been used to the crack of bones resetting. I kind of like the sound, at least in that situation. It announces some progress in healing.
    I think I'm at 36 or 38 broken bones ... I'm not sure which and don't want to sit here and count them all up again... add to that the 32 concussions and I feel ya my man... but..... I'd look damned silly dying of nothing.

--
    That doesn't even look fun.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //