//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Help on finding 200s front wheels?

--

Help on finding 200s front wheels?

BOTH of my ATC200s machines have bent front wheels. Time to do something about it! However, I've just discovered what a lot of you probably already know...can't find 'em. Any ideas would be appreciated. They're 8" 4/130 center offset. I know AMS makes one that has both 3-hole and 4-hole patterns, but I bought one of those for my ATC90 and it was bent right out of the box. Never again!

If someone's got decent ones for sale, I'm on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    God knows they're not looking to make any effort to do anything, never mind move their foot to shift. If there was something that dispensed Cheetos every time they shifted that might be a different story. Welcome to America, where the biggest is best and even fat people who are too lazy to shift can climb a mountain.

--
    I have a 200e front wheel

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    1985 200X
    66mm H&S Piston
    Little Bit Bigger Cam
    Bassani Exhaust

1985 350X With Bassani Exhaust

1983 Honda 200E (PARTING OUT!!!!)

1985 Yamaha Tri-Zinger

My Feedback Threadhttp://http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?105185-Feedback-for-RodKnockRacing&highlight=RodKnockRacing

--
    Quote Originally Posted by RodKnockRacing View Post

I just have to get the bald ass tire off of it

1985 200X
    66mm H&S Piston
    Little Bit Bigger Cam
    Bassani Exhaust

1985 Yamaha Tri-Zinger

My Feedback Threadhttp://http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?105185-Feedback-for-RodKnockRacing&highlight=RodKnockRacing

--
    Quote Originally Posted by RodKnockRacing View Post

I had it in my mind that those were different. is it 4/130? I'm looking for a rust-free or very low rust rim. I can get rusty ones all day!

UPDATE: They are not the same. According to the specs page right here on 3WW, the 200e uses a 9" wheel. Thanks anyway!
    Last edited by Frankencelery; 05-04-2020 at 09:37 AM.
    God knows they're not looking to make any effort to do anything, never mind move their foot to shift. If there was something that dispensed Cheetos every time they shifted that might be a different story. Welcome to America, where the biggest is best and even fat people who are too lazy to shift can climb a mountain.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankencelery View Post
    I had it in my mind that those were different. is it 4/130? I'm looking for a rust-free or very low rust rim. I can get rusty ones all day!

UPDATE: They are not the same. According to the specs page right here on 3WW, the 200e uses a 9" wheel. Thanks anyway!
    No problem

1985 200X
    66mm H&S Piston
    Little Bit Bigger Cam
    Bassani Exhaust

1985 Yamaha Tri-Zinger

--
    Here's something funny and sad...I'm searching frantically for an answer to this question, and I find a post from 10 YEARS ago from a guy looking for the same thing, and getting no answer there either. What's both funny and sad about it is the post was from ME! Sucks to get old and senile.

Has anyone ever tried contacting the manufacturer (maybe DWT or ITP) to see if they could do a custom run? I hear of these things sometimes, but I've never tried anything like that myself, so I don't know what it entails. I have to imagine there's be enough interest to build a small batch?

UPDATE: I called DWT and there's a possibility of getting a run of their blue labels done. Production manager is supposed to call me back. Any interest here?
    Last edited by Frankencelery; 05-04-2020 at 12:53 PM.

--
    I got a front wheel and custom center off set rear rims through “Bones” at OMF he had DouglasWheel do the rears. They often work together. I’m pleased how the 110 came out. This is what got me to switch it to a flat tracker. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ghlight=At+Tim
    Last edited by Tri-Z 250; 05-04-2020 at 08:15 PM.

--
    How strong are the Blue Labels? I've held some in my hands, but never used them. It seems the stock 200X rims are stronger just from looks.

Saying both of your machines have bent wheels, just how persnickety are you? Do you mean the edges are bent or the whole wheel wobbles? I have several wheels, some ready to go as far as paint, but none of them are perfect. Some had a little rust, but should seal up fine, and often they have a slight roll or two on the bead edge.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Yeah, ATC King, I mean the whole wheel wobbles. I wouldn't care about some bent edges, that wouldn't bother me at all, so if the new options I'm looking at don't pan out, I'll come back and ping you on those.

Thanks Tri-Z 250, I did talk to Tim yesterday, and he does have some available. They are blue labels, but he said he's never heard of anyone bending one. Expensive, but since they're not made, it's a seller's market. So I'm thinking about those, but I'd still like to hear back from DWT, because I need 2 for my 200s, which are 4/130, and I need one each for my ATC90 and YTM225DX, which are both 3/100. Tim didn't have any with that bolt pattern.

--
    The price is relative not comparable to old stock rims that may need work to look...stock. High polish, reliable Made in America race proven comes at the suggested retail price. Check out this Ohio salvage yard, you’d be surprised called CyclesRUs they might have it. Good to work with calling isn’t a bad idea...there not web guys they run a yard if you know what I’m saying. www.cyclesrus.net

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Z 250 View Post
    The price is relative not comparable to old stock rims that may need work to look...stock. High polish, reliable Made in America race proven comes at the suggested retail price. Check out this Ohio salvage yard, you’d be surprised called CyclesRUs they might have it. Good to work with calling isn’t a bad idea...there not web guys they run a yard if you know what I’m saying. www.cyclesrus.net
    Well, the Douglas ones are quite a bit more than retail. I do understand supply and demand, and having a special run is expensive. So I'm not complaining, it's just hard to justify $125 for a single rim for a trike I use mostly for yard work.

But thanks for the CyclesRUs link. I'll check that out as well!

TexFest is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Jr trikesports on Facebook has some, not sure if he still has any left or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TPC 450R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //