//ArrowChat Code

Thread: how often do u ride your trikes?

--

how often do u ride your trikes?

ive been collecting trikes for a long time, i used to ride a lot but im 42 years old now and havent rode my trikes in like 3-4 years except for my 110 and my 125m me and my wife ride them quite a bit lol but the rest of my trikes just sit and collect dust. i was wondering how often all u old timers ride yours? i normally ride my side by side or my fl350 oddessy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CHEVELLE 101.jpg   collect 015.jpg   8384 012.jpg   86z 015.jpg   sports cards 005.JPG  

--
    Beautiful collection, Thornton. Love the Chevelle - I am jealous. Wish I had your storage shed.

54 years of age here. Hardly ride any of my fleet anymore. No time to do so. Might be a time to sell and gain back some room - wife would be happy..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	show3.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	262699
    Presently own:
    1986 Honda atc350X
    1985 Honda atc250r
    1984 Honda 200es Big Red
    1983 Honda atc185s
    1985 Honda atc70
    1975 Honda Z50 mini bike
    OEM Hondaline Utility Trailer (mint condition - as new)
    1989 Honda FL400R Pilot - newly acquired.
    1968 Corvette L36 427/390HP convertible

--
    Amazing collection.
    Ride when you can, until you can't. I'm 46, I have a few, I rode each this weekend a total of 10 min. Each. That's what had time for.

My concern is how do you store them? Are the tanks and carbs empty? Fuel today won't last 6 months.
    Thanks MrC.

--
    I'm 18 and now that highschool is done, I can ride some more, at least for until I leave for college. my buddies and I ride about 2 weekends in the month. I sometimes cruise around town in the evenings. I'm trying to find a 110 or 125 so I can have an "around the yard machine".
    Currently : trx400fw, ct70, 250es,200x, xl80s, 350x, 350x, 225DX, trx300

--
    Man you guys have some really nice collections. I use my 200x to change water everyday. Once I put it away I try and get the 250R out and ride some wheelies around the place. We are actually going riding in the dunes this weekend and I'm going to try and get my wife out on the 200 with me so we can go more

--
    i normally drain everything and let the bikes run till they shut down. i also keep them up off the ground and give them a kick once and awhile.

--
    I ride every weekend--I need my throttle therapy. It's not just about riding. It's about getting out of the city and into nature.

--
    I'll be 50 years young in a couple of months and ride with my kids every chance we get. I'm not letting age stop me from doing what I love to do even if I'm a little sore after. Laps on an MX track on an 86, 350X will wear you out quick! We usually ride a few times a month but riding on Long Island sucks because there's no legal public land to ride on. I have a private gravel pit I have access to about 30 min away, an ATV friendly track about 30 min away and an MX track 10 min away that allows ATV's the first weekend of the month but the tracks are expensive and the gravel pit gets boring after about an hour. I've got an 86, 350X and a 17, YZ-250F. Growing up, 30+ years ago we rode practically everyday, wherever we wanted with no issues. But most of the old dirt roads and trails are now developed with houses and paved streets. I'd ride a lot more if access to good spots was easier. Planning a trip to PA the end of August and once my son's broken arm heals (MX crash) we're planning a trip to Field of Dreams in Jersey. If you love it- get out there and ride man. Especially with that sweet collection you have. I'd give my right nut for it. Probably the left too. You're only gonna get older, slower and sorer with more excuses. 42 is young! Go enjoy yourself!
    In the garage
    2007 Yamaha Tri-Z 450
    2017 YZ 250F
    2003 XR100 (son's)
    2005 Raptor 350 (other son's)

Gone but not forgotten
    86 350X
    16 WR 250R
    03 FZ1
    96 Katana 600
    89 XT350
    84 250R
    84 200X
    79 ATC 110
    74 ATC 90

--
    Lately I have been able to go for a ride almost every single day. Last night there was a light drizzle when I headed out of the yard at 10 PM and drove out to a fork in the road that I’d never gone down.

Temperature was about 80°, but the light mist made it very refreshing to be in a T-shirt. Having had rain for most of the past week there was lots of mud and puddles and every time I would slow down I could smell the mud burning on the exhaust pipe.

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m told I have a very sensitive nose and much like music from my past, odors can take me back many years, in this case to 1983 when we first got the trike and would ride around at night in the muddy stumbled fields surrounding our neighborhood.

If someone had told me a year ago that I was going to be able to ride my trike as often as I do now I wouldn’t of believed it. Can’t wait to get the smokers out here and really tear this place up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1A68E75B-C528-412C-873A-A6E53CD3079C.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	262748

--
    I have written this response and deleted it several times.

At 46, I have been diagnosed with Diabetes, I have kicked the dipping tobacco habit after 26 years (2 years clean) but this diabetes may get me. I have begun to lose feeling in my feet and my hands don't work like they use to. I tell you all this, to put a fire under your butts to live life WOT while you can, there will come a day for all of us when we CAN'T ride or do the things we want.
    It might be tomorrow or in 30 years, but one day it will happen. Let's face it 3 wheeler's and the people who love them are getting older everyday.
    Take the time, make the plans, Do what you enjoy, no ones headstone ever read "I should have worked more and played less".

So fire up that Big Red, that Tecate, that Quadzilla or even that Tri-Z and ride the ever loving crap out of it, while you still can.
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light." Dylan Thomas

MrC.

--
    We ride daily here at the compound. Mostly the Big Red, and some hard tails. The big boy bikes don't come out as often as I'd like. We just don't go on rides like we used to. Hell we used to take 5 or 6 big out of state trips a year. Now we spend more money than we ever have on the sport, and ride the least we ever have lol.

Kids change things. BUT Alex my 4 year old is doing pretty good on his little Suzuki quad. He's ready to hit the trails with us the next time we go out.
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-ATC-Eric

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Everything Big Bore on FaceBook

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MrConcdid View Post
    I have written this response and deleted it several times.

At 46, I have been diagnosed with Diabetes, I have kicked the dipping tobacco habit after 26 years (2 years clean) but this diabetes may get me. I have begun to lose feeling in my feet and my hands don't work like they use to. I tell you all this, to put a fire under your butts to live life WOT while you can, there will come a day for all of us when we CAN'T ride or do the things we want.
    It might be tomorrow or in 30 years, but one day it will happen. Let's face it 3 wheeler's and the people who love them are getting older everyday.
    Take the time, make the plans, Do what you enjoy, no ones headstone ever read "I should have worked more and played less".

So fire up that Big Red, that Tecate, that Quadzilla or even that Tri-Z and ride the ever loving crap out of it, while you still can.
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light." Dylan Thomas

MrC.
    Well said Mr. C. I'm glad you decided to leave the post up and not delete it. Life passes by way too quickly. Its almost impossible for me to imagine I'll be 50 with a daughter graduating college and 2 boys in high school. And the older I get the faster life seems to go by. Personally, I'm keeping myself in the best health and physical condition that I can to keep going as long as I can to keep enjoying the things I like to do. And most of them are not an old man's game. Motocross, trikes, snowboarding, rock climbing, fishing- that's what I love and its tough with a full time job and family to sometimes find the time. I'm planning on retiring in 10 years and want to be able to do all these things when I do have the time, so I'm trying to keep myself in a condition to do so - Hopefully! The age old cliché of life is too short couldn't be truer.
    In the garage
    2007 Yamaha Tri-Z 450
    2017 YZ 250F
    2003 XR100 (son's)
    2005 Raptor 350 (other son's)

Gone but not forgotten
    86 350X
    16 WR 250R
    03 FZ1
    96 Katana 600
    89 XT350
    84 250R
    84 200X
    79 ATC 110
    74 ATC 90

--
    Not nearly enough.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    I was accepted a few months ago. Am going to attend LATI for auto body/collision repair.
    Currently : trx400fw, ct70, 250es,200x, xl80s, 350x, 350x, 225DX, trx300

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //