//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 86 Tecate is back. God, has it been that long?

--

86 Tecate is back. God, has it been that long?

Hi there guys. It's been (more than) a while.
    With all this that has been going on (corona V) And being in the hospital twice, just before the C.V. took over, I have not worked for over 2 months.
    Now with the (unfortunate) closing of my shop and the clean up, I've decided to finish the 86 TECATE that's been sitting in th parts in the shop, for years.
    I may not be able to finish the bike to running condition, but my goal is that it rolls as an assembled bike to the truck and to my garage.
    Here are some pics of what I've put together so far. Lots of small details like swingarm bearing and fork refinishing and seals are needed. But I will put everything that I've been saving for this bike and make a list to get the needed parts to finish it.

Here are some links to the pasts Threads pertaining to this bike (These are old and some pics are not available anymore, my apologies):

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ome-last-night

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-The-B1-TECATE

Current pics:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200511_151914.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	262774 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200511_155704.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	262775

My hart is broken with this one. I got this a while back. A reproduction. It's brand new, never been used, but it's cracked.
    Anyone knows if these (reproductions) are still being made?

Name:	20200511_153957.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	262777

Name:	20200511_155319.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	262776

Feels good to be back.
    Opinions are welcomed.

TORKER.
    THOSE WHO SAY IT CANNOT BE DONE, SHOULD NOT GET IN THE WAY OF THOSE BUSY DOING IT...

--
    The guy that made them passed last year I’m not sure if his wife is making any or not
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Quote Originally Posted by big specht View Post
    The guy that made them passed last year I’m not sure if his wife is making any or not
    Yes, I know about John. He was awesome to deal with. God rest his soul.
    I'm just looking to see if there's anything else out there.
    Thank you for your reply.

TORKER.
    THOSE WHO SAY IT CANNOT BE DONE, SHOULD NOT GET IN THE WAY OF THOSE BUSY DOING IT...

--
    I'm pretty sure Liway, John's widow, is still making them. Are you on Facebook? If not, send me your email and I'll put her in touch with you.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //