//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 4wheeler Tires

--

4wheeler Tires

Other than my trike, I also own a 2006 Honda FourTrax Rancher ATV. Can anyone recommend 4wheeler tires ideal for mudding?

--
    I like the new style big horn tread pattern. It does everything perfect. Swamp, to rocks to dirt with roots. Perfect do it all hill climb too tire. I put 25" on my wifes IRS rancher 420. They dug me out of over 2ft of coal silt black water where that 800 canam got stuck lol. https://www.chapmoto.com/ocelot-p390...-748-p390-0005

--
    What are you willing to compromise on? A heavier tire may be more puncture resistant, but a lighter tire easier to spin fast. More aggressive mud tires wear faster on hard surfaces and less grip. Less aggressive mud tires do better on harder surfaces, but may no clean out so well in sticky mud. Just generalizations and something to thing about.

I've seen the Super Swamper Swamp Lites do pretty well on most surfaces and wear OK.
    superswamper-atv-SwampLite-slider03.jpg
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    i run 6ply tires vs hondas junk 2 ply, however honda uses steel rims. I went to OEM aluminum grizzly wheels and 6ply tires and up to a 25" tire...i weight the same as the honda OEM set up. SO really you do not need to give anything up...just know a 24hp machine is not gonna spin big heavy tires. Thats why i went with that I did on my wifes machine.

--
    Well, Zazz Blammymatazz, there's a solution.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //