//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 84 200x floods when stalled

--

84 200x floods when stalled

Hey everyone! I was hoping I could get some input on my situation. I recently purchased a 84 200x. It was completly gone thru by the previous owner. including a carb rebuild, new top end, new clutch and a bunch of other things.

After a little carb adjusting and better timing the cdi I got this baby to run great and is a 2nd kick start when cold. Also when its warm if I use the kill switch it will start back up first kick after. The issue im having is that when im riding and i stall it (doing a wheelie and falling off lol or just being a bad rider and stall it) it seems like it floods and wont restart. If i let the machine sit for 5+ minutes with a few persuasive kicks she fires up and then were good again. then she runs and runs and runs. Thanks guys!

--
    Maybe you just need to practice clearing the engine after it floods.

Engine switch off, throttle wide open, kick through few times to clear the cylinder. Then start like normal.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    wouldnt that just add more fuel to it?

--
    Any excess fuel dripping out the over flow tube?( the seat on the float). Possible the flame out is a lean issue just move the clip. Air box cover on or off?

--
    No. It won't add more fuel.

At cranking speed and a wide open throttle, there isn't enough air moving through the carb to draw fuel through the main jet, or any of it. Leaving the throttle closed, it will still get fuel from the idle circuit and make the situation worse. Wide open, it flushes the cylinder with and abundance of air.

That's standard procedure for clearing a flooded engine. Same way on carbureted cars and pickups, and even early fuel injected vehicles that have a clean out mode when the throttle is held wide open while starting (they won't pulse the injectors).
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //