//ArrowChat Code

Thread: bvc racing and 220 trikes real experience

ctk is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

bvc racing and 220 trikes real experience

Who here has real experience riding either a honda 450 bvc racing trike conversion or a 220 trikes honda 450 conversion.
    220 trikes is a Instagram name.
    Last edited by ctk; 05-22-2020 at 09:54 PM.
    Chris

--
    If DirtWheels wasn’t a pay to print. Imagine if shootouts were real world small builder exposure to promote a full circle industry that seems to hold on, anyone know why? They must cause History of their own early beginnings seems so “been there done that “(DuncanRacing) California coast attitude. Unfortunately 3ww hasn’t grasped the idea other than an avenue to post up freely. We as a group have a better chance to get the owners of the machines to gather up and drink beers way easier called TrikeFest ;doubt anyone could recall every detail, but cool
    Last edited by Tri-Z 250; 05-20-2020 at 02:00 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Z 250 View Post
    If DirtWheels wasn’t a pay to print. Imagine if shootouts were real world small builder exposure to promote a full circle industry that seems to hold on, anyone know why? They must cause History of their own early beginnings seems so “been there done that “(DuncanRacing) California coast attitude. Unfortunately 3ww hasn’t grasped the idea other than an avenue to post up freely. We as a group have a better chance to get the owners of the machines to gather up and drink beers way easier called TrikeFest ;doubt anyone could recall every detail, but cool pics.
    If I’m understanding your post correctly your suggesting that 3WW pick up the Dirt Wheels slack and do a published shootout of the current offerings?

Sounds great, but I suspect the current builders view us like Ford does the Model T Owners Society, old Ford lovers, but not necessarily new Ford buyers.

Still, it would be wild and even better if the results were published in DW or some other gearhead rag. Maybe toss a 1986 250R into the mix as well to see how it stands up against the new stuff.

--
    I don’t think it’s up 3WW as they offer a path to communication to interested people. The problem is we as group critics peel the layers off personality and picked till they bleed or get band all the while the focus isn’t on the product it’s tearing down that gets the posts.

I’ve seen a BVC in full build in person. The product is very well designed and made no question. Imo only foot peg to ground seemed lower than say an R, but not much. The rake seemed a bit more as we’ll giving it a larger footprint feel than a Tri-Z. Given the extra ponies a 450 gives out and weigh(plus frame constraints) these could lead to better handling overall. Conversion Hybrid trikes are at an elite stage with cost but as this section of interest grows by racing on a National level, who knows.
    Last edited by Tri-Z 250; 05-21-2020 at 09:32 AM.

ctk is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Bump for a ride report
    Chris

--
    I've been around a couple bvcs, haven't been around any 220s. I can pretty much tell you what they'll be like, but dont have any personal experience. Eric Barton rode a husky bvc out at the invasion, you could ask him. Hes on Facebook, not sure hes on here much anymore
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Western Reserve this Saturday holding a Flat Track and TT . All the National regulars are going to test race for NEEDT coming events. It’s in Salem Ohio so do your best to get there, camping is free. It’s your best chance to see what your looking for with your own eyes. Trust me it’s worth the one tank trip and if it’s too far sleep in your car racing is at 6pm May 30th Gates open 12noon. More than 20 3Wheeler racers showing up with the fastest trikes on dirt fresh from winter builds. Rumor has it a few 230 conversion builds will be there; very close to a modern 200x.

http://www.westernreservemc.com/
    Last edited by Tri-Z 250; 05-28-2020 at 09:43 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //