//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 350x 452 kit

--

350x 452 kit

Hey, so I was looking around the ol internet for trike parts and found that Kustom Kraft does 452cc big bore kits for the atc 350x. I was hoping to get some more info on this as I’m curious as to what they do to the motor itself. I’ve heard rumors that the stock 350 head needs some serious boring and porting as well as crankcase boring done at a machine shop. I was also curious as tho the compression ratio with the big bore kit. All info helps out, I’m already planning on swapping to a 400ex carb to help with the throttle response, but what all do I need to do or get done to the motor for the big bore kit besides what KK does to it?

--
    If your deck the cylinder, port the head add a cam and a 5 angle valve job with bigger carb and exhaust its gonna be a whole machine. You can get away with OEM light pistons and raising compressino a good bit. Kicking it over might be an issue. In stock form they seemed to be pigs o start. I'd rather pull the power out from whats already there vs have a thin walled cylinder. I've done it before and gotten very high HP numbers out of lower HP machines. Thing is is your just dicking around in the woods it will wear you out trying to go slower.

www.kb5industries.com I'm decking a warrior cylinder right now since it had it in for a its 1st over bore.

--
    Thanks for the info! My only question is what the price difference is. I’m figuring that the big bore setup would cost me around 700$, but for a cam and valve angles and everything it sounds very expensive.

--
    I say just leave it. My motor is stock and I still have a tough time keeping the front wheel planted on the ground when whomping the throttle. If your riding big dunes and plan on an extended swing arm then maybe, but I think a suspension upgrade would prove more worth while.
    In the garage
    2007 Yamaha Tri-Z 450
    2017 YZ 250F
    2003 XR100 (son's)
    2005 Raptor 350 (other son's)

Gone but not forgotten
    86 350X
    16 WR 250R
    03 FZ1
    96 Katana 600
    89 XT350
    84 250R
    84 200X
    79 ATC 110
    74 ATC 90

--
    Quote Originally Posted by TSpencer View Post
    I say just leave it. My motor is stock and I still have a tough time keeping the front wheel planted on the ground when whomping the throttle. If your riding big dunes and plan on an extended swing arm then maybe, but I think a suspension upgrade would prove more worth while.
    I agree, suspension is always the better improvement and needs to come before more power. If you can't use the power...what good is it???? Unless you are one of those types that needs to show off, but gets smoked on the trails/track by someone with a much less HP atv/dirtbike. Then the "motor guy" just looks even dumber, you know how many quads I smoked riding my STOCK motored 86 atx200x, the suspension wasn't even very high end. Then the person you beat says "I need more motor". These guys had strokers/big bores, pipe, cam, carb, air intake and timing changes, but still got beat by an atc250r and atc200x that was setup to the rider????

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer_Upper View Post
    Thanks for the info! My only question is what the price difference is. I’m figuring that the big bore setup would cost me around 700$, but for a cam and valve angles and everything it sounds very expensive.
    yeah it sounds expensive but it's not. call Brad.

My 11:1 compression stock warrior motor now cost me $91.20 lol...

Your only paying him to do the metal work...you assemble the rest. Elka shocks are going to cost me more then doing up a motor. we all know what they costs (not expensive either lol)

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //