//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Yamaha TRI-Z K&N air filter

--

Yamaha TRI-Z K&N air filter

Quick question....

Has anyone fitted a K&N air filter to their TRI-Z , does it bolt on WITHOUT the cage?
    I'm asking because I don't have the cage and I'm finding it difficult to get hold of one

Cheers all, Darren
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YA-3250_2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	4.5 KB 
ID:	262849  
    Last edited by Eye8manutd; 05-22-2020 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Added.pic

--
    No experience with a K&N for a Tri-Z, but I've never seen a K&N air filter that required a cage. They are pretty stiff and don't collapse. I can't imagine the construction of the Tri-Z's filter being any different.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    No experience with a K&N for a Tri-Z, but I've never seen a K&N air filter that required a cage. They are pretty stiff and don't collapse. I can't imagine the construction of the Tri-Z's filter being any different.

That's my theory too mate, if you zoom in on pic there is the looks of a bolt and like you say it looks pretty sturdy with hard plastic/rubber at either end

--
    Looking at the Tri-Z's parts schematic, as long as part #27 (Holder, Guide) is still there, I see no reason why you'd need the cage with that K&N air filter.

https://www.servicehonda.com/oempart...b9a/air-filter
    Last edited by Red Rider; 05-22-2020 at 06:39 PM.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    Looking at the Tri-Z's parts schematic, as long as part #27 (Holder, Guide) is still there, I see no reason why you'd need the cage with that K&N air filter.

https://www.servicehonda.com/oempart...b9a/air-filter
    Yes my air box is complete minus the cage and bolt. Getting the K&N would be cheaper than getting a cage+foam filter+bolt+filter oil ...... If it bolts on!
    I've contacted K&N but the support staff couldn't confirm if it fits without the cage

Cheers for your help mate

--

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Eye8manutd View Post
    Quick question....

Has anyone fitted a K&N air filter to their TRI-Z , does it bolt on WITHOUT the cage?
    I'm asking because I don't have the cage and I'm finding it difficult to get hold of one

Cheers all, Darren
    I have one on a yt175 and it didnt fit quite right with the cage still installed, works and seals great without it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //