//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 86 200x build

--

86 200x build

So I recently bought an 86 bare frame I’m swapping a cr125 into that part is a whole different discussion where I’m hung up and having troubles is the chassis parts for the 200x I got the swingarm and rear axle and all but it didn’t come with the pivot bolt and I cannot find one anywhere not on eBay, Facebook groups, nowhere. Has anyone found one that is the same? And along with that I have a set of 250r forks (I’m not sure what year) I’d kinda like to see about mounting on it. Are the 85-86 250r triples the same? What will it take to get them mounted? Thanks for the help

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwilliams View Post
    So I recently bought an 86 bare frame I’m swapping a cr125 into that part is a whole different discussion where I’m hung up and having troubles is the chassis parts for the 200x I got the swingarm and rear axle and all but it didn’t come with the pivot bolt and I cannot find one anywhere not on eBay, Facebook groups, nowhere. Has anyone found one that is the same? And along with that I have a set of 250r forks (I’m not sure what year) I’d kinda like to see about mounting on it. Are the 85-86 250r triples the same? What will it take to get them mounted? Thanks for the help
    Pivot/swingarm bolt
    Use a 86-87 trx200sx atv Pivot -(ebay- there like $20 bucks) or used to be.....
    same size/same length and the shaft is a touch skinnier (middle section) so you can pack it w/grease. I think (all balls) or whatever there called comes with the end caps/covers and center sleeve u need too, if u need em.

Anyway. Good luck
    Use the trx200sx swingarm bolt part# and search eBay that way too - find the part# on partzilla or elsewhere....
    Shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 05-27-2020 at 08:14 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwilliams View Post
    The 250R front end has rake built into the fork clamps, 350X forks and clamps are a nice upgrade.

Because of the airbox, the CR motor will have to be stuffed in with custom parts everywhere, it's easier thought about than done.

Shep knows all the swaps that work well and are less expensive...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    The 250R front end has rake built into the fork clamps, 350X forks and clamps are a nice upgrade.

Because of the airbox, the CR motor will have to be stuffed in with custom parts everywhere, it's easier thought about than done.

Shep knows all the swaps that work well and are less expensive...
    Dirtcrasher- Will all 350x triples and forks fit the 86 200x?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldy View Post
    Dirtcrasher- Will all 350x triples and forks fit the 86 200x?
    Yes, and they turn excellent on the 2nd gen 200X.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Pivot/swingarm bolt
    Use a 86-87 trx200sx atv Pivot -(ebay- there like $20 bucks) or used to be.....
    same size/same length and the shaft is a touch skinnier (middle section) so you can pack it w/grease. I think (all balls) or whatever there called comes with the end caps/covers and center sleeve u need too, if u need em.

Anyway. Good luck
    Use the trx200sx swingarm bolt part# and search eBay that way too - find the part# on partzilla or elsewhere....
    Shep
    Was this for a 1st or 2nd gen 2x because that’s what i did and the bolt is like 2 1/2" too long! They could’ve sent me the wrong one though..
    Thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    2nd gen 86/87 200x I'm running atleast 2 machines that way- must have the wrong bolt. atleast there cheap. also must be 86,87 trx200sx those yrs

shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 01-06-2022 at 03:19 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    2nd gen 86/87 200x I'm running atleast 2 machines that way- must have the wrong bolt. atleast there cheap. also must be 86,87 trx200sx those yrs

shep
    Awesome! I’ll keep it incase i get a second gen one day! Meanwhile i’ll have to find something else that works! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //