//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Moved to the Yellow Side

--
    Better late than never?

Here's the carb I bought: https://www.ebay.com/itm/352833593996

I can't give a solid answer on a OEM carb rebuild kit. Being these are all so old machines, there's not telling what type of ham fisting went on or how much wear is actually on the original carb. Keeping in mind that the new Chinese carbs are most likely going to need the jetting fiddled with and may not even run correctly with stock size jets, I've been very satisfied with them and the price. Just expect to double the purchase price to include some new OE jets to get it right.

Carbs are simple, but with nearly 40 years of unknown history on most of these trikes, it can take some serious cleaning, inspection, and experience to sort out even the original carbs.

If the idle mixture screw on yours is trashed, there's a very good change someone over tightened it and ruined the seat in the carb body. That idle screw is harder than the carb body. When that happens, there isn't a straightforward/simple way to repair it.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    I rode the YTM200 some yesterday. I keep thinking it'd be the first to go if I sell one, but every time I ride it, I remember why I still have it.

The 250R forks were a huge improvement though, as far as ride quality. The springs may be a little weak, but with all the sag and total travel, the front tire just glides over things (when it's on the ground).

It would be nice if the correct recoil cover was on it and the auto decomp worked.

What'd really be nice is if Maier made front and rear fenders for it. First little oopsy I have, these are toast.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //