//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Found another cheap take out motor...

--

Found another cheap take out motor...

I never paid more than 900$ shipped for a new take out 350X motor, now they run 2500$ to 3K! And prices for everything just seem to he going crazy. Even California trikes are now in the 3K range, IDK if that's everywhere, but its started.

I've still got a few of these I may never use, who knows.

Anyhow IDK why no one had grabbed this, I found it 2 or 3 days in and offered him 500$ with free shipping and he took it. I've got numerous top ends because I buy heads and rocker boxes whenever I see them for a fair price.

Story was that he didn't know if it was new, but it came from a school. He wouldn't guarantee any of it, but I was 99.9% sure I was looking at a new take out motor. And I've torn it down, its perfect...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I know where one 350X engine is sitting on a work bench, collecting dust, like it has for years. Not new, but supposedly ran, just smoked a little.

I haven't been able to buy it. Typical story, some guy left it years ago with another project but hasn't returned to get the spare engine. I ask about it regularly, but not happening...yet. I just want to get it back in the hands of someone who'll use it.

Still has the oil cooler attached.

Yes, trike prices are insane. I wonder how many are just a passing fancy for people with money, who'll loose interest with it in a year. Really nice, decades newer, used dirt bikes sell for less.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Along these lines, motor issues, and parts availability, has anyone swapped a 400ex motor into a 350x? I like originality, but at some point with high cost/availability I would think a transplant with a different yet comparable engine would be accepted. I'm not talking a lesser engine, but an equal or more powerful, still hand clutch. What options are there, is there any build thread showcasing the swap?

Nice score Dirtcrasher.

thanks,
    MrC.

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by MrConcdid View Post
    Along these lines, motor issues, and parts availability, has anyone swapped a 400ex motor into a 350x? I like originality, but at some point with high cost/availability I would think a transplant with a different yet comparable engine would be accepted. I'm not talking a lesser engine, but an equal or more powerful, still hand clutch. What options are there, is there any build thread showcasing the swap?

Nice score Dirtcrasher.

thanks,
    MrC.
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ighlight=400ex

With SxS now taking over, 4-wheelers have become a dime a dozen. If you just want something to ride, a 4-wheeled animal is about as practical as any since they can be had cheap.
    But yes, finding affordable parts for these take some effort so you have to adapt.
    I gave my original 85 350X engine away to one of my son's friend for one of his projects but still have 2 take-offs. Bought them in the 90s so got them "on the cheap."

--
    People say the 400EX is less powerful than the ATC 350X Must be in the head design...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //