//ArrowChat Code

Thread: I figured out why my 1984 honda atc 110 was running way rich but........

--

I figured out why my 1984 honda atc 110 was running way rich but........

The little pressed in brass piece was missing (first thing the needle slides into). Now I cant get it to idle down unless I turn the idle speed screw in (I thought it would be the reverse of that). If I close the choke it takes off (I would think it should kill).

--
    Does anyone know how far the little brass piece should protrude out into the throat of the carb? Mine is sticking out proud.

--
    Did you put it in through where the the main jet goes into at or where the needle slides into? It is supposed to go in through where the main jet goes into the carb.

--
    I put it in the center hole. There is a thin wall side and thick wall side....I put it in thin wall side first and lightly seated it with a punch.

--
    It'll stick out pretty far into the carb throat. When you tighten the main jet emulsion tube, it'll bottom out that part.

Closing the choke and the engine revving up is a vacuum leak. It has the air through the leak and when you choke it, more fuel is introduced. Need to take the intake off, check both ends and the carb flange for flatness with a straight edge, then replace the two O-rings. This is a very common problem. The carb flange ears tend to bend in over time, but a few licks with a file will have it sitting flush with the intake again.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    I did all that stuff already...but I only have one o-ring on the carb. Here is what I got starting at the engine a paper gasket on the intake tube then on the other end of the tube I have another paper gasket then a thick insulator gasket then the o-ring on the carb....where does second o-ring go?

--
    my mistake, just one o-ring. Did you check all the surfaces for flatness? Crack in the insulator? Carb cap not on right or missing gasket?

There's a vacuum leak somewhere. in left field, are the two brass air jets in the opening of the carb there?

--
    I have two small openings on the carb opening yes. Could a leaky head gasket cause these symptoms? I had raw gas leaking out there back when it was missing the piece in the carb and when I shine a light in there I can see the gasket vibrating

--
    If the head gasket is leaking, you've got bigger problems. You should do a compression test and a leakdown test, then move on to the next thing.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //