//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Dumb question? 83 250r piston rings - Which is top and bottom?

--

Dumb question? 83 250r piston rings - Which is top and bottom?

Hey, Im rebuilding an 83 250r and bought an old Sudco Piston and rings off ebay and no instructions were in the box. Honda manual says do not interchange the top and bottom rings. The Sudco rings seem to have identical markings on each ring. a "T" and a ".25".

What do I look for on the rings themselves to know which is top and which is bottom. Been searching online for a couple days now for info but cant find an answer.

New to 2 strokes, but would hate to rebuild the whole thing and then put the rings in wrong.

Heres a pic of the markings on each ring. The top ring has a smaller "T" and is hard to see, but its there.

Thanks,
    Matt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2225.JPG  

--
    T is 1st one 2nd is 2nd one. 2nd one wont matter up or down. I only use pro-x or wesico rings so when buying those kits they always have instructions.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    T is 1st one 2nd is 2nd one. 2nd one wont matter up or down. I only use pro-x or wesico rings so when buying those kits they always have instructions.
    Wrong....if you don’t know please don’t answer.

Two stroke rings, generally, can be installed in either ring landing on the piston. Always make sure the the mark faces up as the rings are keyed specifically for that orientation. If you are still unsure just take the ring and insure the ring isn’t bigger than the landing.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Thanks for the help. I went out to the garage after reading your comment and tried them. They only fit in their specific landing. The top ring itself is thinner on the inside circumference than the out side. so fits the landing a specific way. If that makes sense.

Thanks for the quick answers.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //