//ArrowChat Code

Thread: LED lights for 350x Test/review

--

LED lights for 350x Test/review

Finally got my order in 6/10 (about 2 months on the slow boat from China). I hooked it up in a spare 350x light housing in the house and I'm not too impressed, it appears to be pretty similar brightness to standard bulbs, but the light has a lot of hot spots where it's brighter, looks a little like a disco ball effect lol. Anyway, I have one powered off a car battery with a battery charger keeping the battery up, been running since 7pm 6/10, so far 5 full days and it's still running. Generally standard bulbs for atvs are rated for around 300hr of us, long life bulbs can hit 600-800hr and cheap lower end ones can be as low as 100hr rating. So far the test is at 120hr, planning to run it 24/7 atleast for 300hr to make sure it's atleast reliable before selling the bulbs.

I also took one apart to see how it's constructed, it's just PCB boards with heat sink around it to hold the shape and the bottom has a diode and resister. Very basic power management which is perfect for machines that put out AC power like the 350x, 250r, etc.

I remember there was a thread on here of someone looking at the same LED's I got, figured I'd get some early results in posted up.

Here's some pics of the lights an the one I pulled apart. Hopefully this serves as a useful review on this type of bulb.

--
    I put a set in my x and they fried when I turned them on

--
    350x or 200x? Also was your voltage regulator hooked up and how long did it take to burn them out? About the only thing I can think of that could cause a problem is ~14v AC has a peak voltage closer to 17v, the common measurement of AC power is RMS. My charger runs around 15v so it's not far from the peak voltage but is DC instead of AC power. There's also like 5 different designs that look similar to this, was yours this exact style, or just similar?

--
    350x- they looked like that,took about 5 sec with stock regulator, have no prob. with halogen bulbs

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //