//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New Member here from Martinsville, V.A

--

New Member here from Martinsville, V.A

Hi guys, I'm new to this site and very excited to be a part of the 3wheel world. I had a 1985 Yamaha Tri-z 250 when I was 15, and now at the age of 44 I have purchased another to restore and bring back those younger days of ripping up the dirt. I purchased one exactly like the one I had, its missing some parts but hopefully with yall's help I can be in business soon. I'm starting with the engine build first and I'm missing the cylinder/jug and head, it came with new piston/rings and rod plus bearings. I've searched everywhere local and nothing but I'm sure that there is someone here that can point me in the right direction without destroying my wallet. Thanks for having me!

--
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...with-TRI-Z-250

Welcome to the boards cylinders are tuff to come across these days. Scrap/recycling bike yards Cycles R Us here in Ohio sometimes has stuff. Good luck with the resto post up your build....stock,mod, Mx,TT what’s it gonna be?

--
    It's gonna be stock, I have found on Rocky Mt ATV site they sale the cylinder 38W-11311-00 which is listed under the 1986, which is the same part # as the 85 but its $447. That's a little steep. I was hoping to find a running engine somewhere to begin with and then maybe mod the one I have later.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by aayers View Post
    It's gonna be stock, I have found on Rocky Mt ATV site they sale the cylinder 38W-11311-00 which is listed under the 1986, which is the same part # as the 85 but its $447. That's a little steep. I was hoping to find a running engine somewhere to begin with and then maybe mod the one I have later.
    RMATV lists everything that was ever made for a vehicle, but unless they show a piece to be in stock then they probably can’t get it. Typically you’ll see something along the lines of “usually ships in 7 days” or something like that. Then you order and when they can’t fill the order they will update the listing to “discontinued”.

You can try eBay. Best bet is to try and find one with a no bore left, or a cracked sleeve and then send it for a new cast sleeve to LA Sleeve, or a place like Kustom Kraft.

If you go that route take a good look at the exhaust spring mount and don’t buy anything that states that it was “ported” or has had the second boost port installed unless it was properly done. You’re buying a pig in a poke if you don’t start with a stock cylinder.

If you go for a running engine you can expect to pay over $1,000, so make sure you get one that comes with a good clutch cover as those are on the endangered species list. Even if you can find one $300 isn’t a bad price.

--
    ayers, if/when your ready to install your cables shoot me a pm if u need this part-
    just poured a batch.
    I know not actually motor related but figured i'd let u know if needed.

good luck,
    shep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Yeah I already order stuff from RMATV for my other bikes, and those clutch covers are crazy expensive.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //