//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Got my 200x to finally run and drive but...

--

Got my 200x to finally run and drive but...

Well after working on my 200x for almost 13 years I’ve finally got it to run and drive but... only on choke I’m pretty sure the carburetor is ok but I noticed that when it is running on choke I can feel air blowing out the intake on the frame and the choke butterfly whenever I rev it up will go crazy. It’s 100% in time I’ve checked it like 3 times it does it with or without the carburetor on the engine. So I pulled it and lo and behold a bent intake valve was discovered! It’s like a micro bend just enough for you not to see light coming through but enough for air to escape. Any good brands of valves? Should I just go ahead and replace both of them? Do a port and polish job while I have the head off? Bigger valves? Let me know what I need to do. I’ve never done valve jobs before. The specs on the engine is: wiseco 10.25 compression piston and everything else is stock. I have a complete exhaust that I want to put on but the header is too short to reach the second half of the exhaust. I don’t know what brand it is but it’s old nothing brand new I’m pretty sure it’s a dg exhaust but I don’t know.

--
    Kibblewhite valves are the best. No need for bigger valves or porting. I would recommend new valve seals.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Ok will do. Both of them or just the intake?

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Be very careful if you're porting and polishing yourself. I did my own for the first time and honestly I just polished the exhaust as best I could and removed any casting flash.

Shindy valves are good, vesrah valves are good, kibblewhites are very good but more expensive. Youll be fine with the first 2 mentioned imo, solid Japanese mfg.

If you're gonna install new valves it's not plug and play. Ideally you need the valves ground and the seats cut to match to each other perfectly. Find a good machine shop.

GH Discount ATV does it. Ive used Sandtrax in Tulsa, OK and personally know their machinist. That guy does very very good work.
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Atc 200x 1985 View Post
    .... Both of them or just the intake?
    Change both seals

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    I noticed how expensive kibblewhites are. I do know someone who owns a machine shop I’ll ask them on what they can do. I’m new to valve jobs so I don’t know what’s good and what’s not good. So thanks for the info!

--
    Update: finally got around to ordering the valve, I chose versah. So what is the next step to install the valve correctly? I don’t want to do it wrong and mess up my engine by accident lol. Any tips will help thanks! Another thing is when I rebuilt the top end I done the valve seals so I don’t think I need to replace them again but if I have to that’s fine.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //