//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 84 250R Project #1

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

84 250R Project #1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3214.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	263283Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3215.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	263284
    So this is my first venture into saving a 250R, so I will probably ask a lot of questions and need help along with prayer. I never thought I would be lucky enough to own a 250R and I am very excited about this project.

I decided to start with putting the rear axle together so while I am waiting on my manual these are my questions:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3219.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	191.5 KB 
ID:	263285Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3220.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	202.5 KB 
ID:	263286

1) What parts am I missing?

2) Should I put the shock. on before I try to reassemble the axle?

3) Should I try to remove the sprocket holder or just roll with it?

4) The carrier bearing that I received with the bike slides in and out of the swing arm easily, does that sound right?

5) Any good youtube videos or threads about 83-84 250R rear axle assembly?

--
    You should post this in Trikesylvania for more views. Sorry we missed it.

1) looks like you have most of it.....but you didn't give us enough good pics to tell. I couldn't accurately tell you what's missing without better and more pics

2) either.... Won't matter

3) it took me a 50 ton press to get one off. The twenty ton was balking at it even with torch heat. If you don't want to pay, don't have a buddy in an industrial shop with one, or don't want to make way more aggravation than it's worth, then leave it alone.

4) It is supposed to move easily in there as long as the two pinch bolts on the back of the swingarm aren't tight. Those are what keeps the carrier stationary in the swingarm

5) there probably is, but I do know for sure that a few 84 R build are going on right now and the people involved will be adding shortly to answer better than I can

6) sorry we missed answering your post, man

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //